Need some help/advice.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mdunntn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
First off I just got my truck back from the mechanic after I hydrolocked the motor. Its an 06 quad cab 4x4 slt. My factory carpet has red mold looking stuff on the bottom of the carpet foam. I'm assuming I am going to need either new carpet or vinyl to replace it. Do you all have any recommendations on aftermarket carpet company?

Second of all, I noticed my truck had a leak in it but only noticeable after a heavy rain. My back seat storage area would have water sitting in it and also my driver side seat belt would always feel damp. Have never been able to find a leak I am assuming its probably my 3rd brake light. Whats the best fix?

Third and final question is even with my carpet and seats out of my truck it has a musty and humid feeling to the interior when I open the doors up. What problem areas should I be checking for mildew? The headliner, inner door panels? Since the majority of the interior is already out I would like to remove the smell and fix whatever leaks I can find.

Thanks guys.

xb1230

Hobby Mechanic
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
3rd brake like (top rear center of the cabin)
All weather stripping around the doors
And then window seals.

Also make sure the drains at the bottom of the door panels are open allow water to flow out the door.

It is really hard to watertight seal something, but rather easy to direct the water flow. So allow it to drain away from the truck, and not into the truck.