overhead display problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2002ramtruckowner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello Everyone

I'm new to this. Any help will be appreicated. I have a 2002 Dodge 1500 quad cab truck approx 1 year ago the over head display started coming on intertmittlely , now it does't come on at all. I've checked the fuses they are ok. Could it have somthing to do with the ignition switch? Or is it a wiring issue ?
thx

korby05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Is yours the evic one? If it's the evic one you can change some of your settings on the truck. Like your door lock settings, light delay plus other things.

The reason I ask is because if it is you cannot get the evic one even at the dealership. I have tried.

More than likely board fried on it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

OP
OP

2002ramtruckowner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm not sure what a evic is. I'm guessing it's a type of computer board. If so you are probably right . I'm figureing out how to remove the console dsplay to have a look at the board. I have done a little research on the subject and found that the board does go bad. Not good news about the non stock statis of this part , my have to try local salvage yards Thank You for your help , I appreicate it and i'll kept you updated on my progress

OP
OP

2002ramtruckowner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I got the display out . a little tricky but not too bad. Yes my board is an Evic, am going to check salvage yards n the area thx again

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
It's probably the OTIS, not the actual EVIC (display looks like a calculator?). The base model OTIS version is a helluva lot easier to find.

OP
OP

2002ramtruckowner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I think mine is a EVIC . It says it right on the back of the module. I probley can get an OTIS and install it , but then I won't have all the features and optons. So i'm keeping my fingers crossed and hoping the salvage gods smile on me and I find one. The # on the back is 56045574AD. I haven't been able to figure out what the difference is between the different letters like an AD versis a AF of AE. Does anyone know ? This was used in other cars and vans in different years Any idea where I can get a list of these vechiles? It may help my chances of finding a replacement

Thank You

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
AD is the initial part number, then they change the last letter (in order) as there are revisions or upgrades, change of vendor. Usually still completely compatible as long as the first 8 numbers are the same.

korby05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
I went through all of this about 2 years ago. Went to the dealership gave them the part number and they sent me an Otis went back in they ordered another one to be sure and they said that the company that produced the evic is no longer around.
I actually found someone on the forums that had a working evic and bought it from them.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk