Rockets Upholstery Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
Nightrunner, I prolly asked you this already, but you wanna swap headrests? I have the stock plain ones. been looking for the embroidered ones.

LoadedLaramie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nightrunner, I prolly asked you this already, but you wanna swap headrests? I have the stock plain ones. been looking for the embroidered ones.

you buy me the katskins i want for my front and rear seats/headrest and ill even pay for shipping on both the headrest from u to me and mine to you. :roflsquared:

OP
OP
rocket

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
I'm intrigued wtf is a katskin? And how much are we talking?

OP
OP
rocket

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
I think I'll have mine done professionally. it's a 250.00 dollar bill. but worth it imo. Reg headrests are 170. for one. at the dealer. I can get them both done for less. But this is way far away for me. In the mean time if you wanna recoup some of the cost of that cool ass leather, You can use my head rests, I'll take yours. and throw 200 at ya. Sounds pretty tight. ya think?

LoadedLaramie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
oh itll be a long while before i will be getting my new interior. got a baby on the way so my truck is sitting and on the back burner now. last thing i did to it was put gas in it a few weeks ago. lol.

been riding my bike last few weeks to save money, until i popped the chain on it thursday, so its being completely redone right now, new tires, brakes, gearing, chain, and some new paint and a bunch of other stuff. so ill get to drive my truck again for about a week until i get my parts in.

ive only put 900 miles on that new engine for the past 2 months.

OP
OP
rocket

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
baby first, wife second. friends on rf WAAAYYYY back there. lol. I completely understand. no sweat.

My apologies froggy seems like another skyjacked thread. we should of took our comments elsewhere.

Last edited:

RubberFrog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thought I'd help ya out and start your own thread for ya rocket ;)

Last edited:

Hemiguy0302

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.2 Boss
Those look so soft and comfy frog. Are the gen 3.5 seats better I cannot say I am a huge fan of mine. They feel kind of wooden but they are certainly not the worst. I loved the way the seats in dads King Ranch looked but they killed my legs on trips. I just wished they fit like the seats in the last gen. of GM trucks. Those are so comfy that I could use them as a recliner chair in a house.

LoadedLaramie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
thanks frog, didnt meant to jack your thread, your seats are badass by the way.

if ya dont mind me asking... how much did youpay for yours and where did you get them through?

RubberFrog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I got them through a local shop. I paid extra for the "barracuda red" insert and the logos so the price up. You can do your basic two tone covers for around 750.

OP
OP
rocket

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
I'm more interested in the insert. not your specifically but the night runner patch instead. I had a shop lined up nearby, but the guy did his best too talk me out of it. i get the same line at exhaust shops. People are either easy too busy or don't give a damn. or both.

ps. Thanks for starting the thread froggy, Most other sites would of deleted and be done with it. I appreciate the effort.

RubberFrog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I figured we'd get you trained up and make a good member out of you. Plus I like the way you park ;)

Upholstery jargon:

Insert: The portion of the seat that you sit/lean on.
Logo: Custom graphic or text. Usually applied to the headrest or leanback.
Leanback: The top of the seat, just below the headrest.

OP
OP
rocket

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
I figured we'd get you trained up and make a good member out of you. Plus I like the way you park.

I see , That really didn't have to go. Just joking whatever.

Last edited:
OP
OP
rocket

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
Just a refresher, On this thread, I will not be needing the services of an uhpolsterer or fellow member as of yet. Pix and diy on the way in a couple weeks. ( I hope)

OP
OP
rocket

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
Well here is the diy on headrest changes,
First get your self another set of headrests!
15216564612_275941210_IM1_11_565x421_A_562x421-1.jpg

remove the originals, There is a small tab press in and extend headrest, after the last catch, keep lifting and pressing till the side is clear of the last catch. Next on the other spindle, there is a hidden release button. press and remove headrest all together. here is a picture of the hidden button.
headrest3.jpg

After the removal, now the fun begins. These are injection molded headrests. which means they were easy too make, pita to take apart and put back together. I had too wash the replacements so this had to be done. First unclip the plasti sleeve.
headrest4.jpg

Now shimmy the cover off one corner at a time a little at a time.
headrest6.jpg

When done with the washing machine, replace the oem's with the replacement covers, again a little at a time. Note: because of the injection molding re insert the plastic then put the cover back on, it's a lot easier imo.
headrest7.jpg

Again one corner at a time. not fun.
headrest5.jpg

When complete another mod well worth the aggrevation!!
headrest8.jpg
headrest9.jpg

Last edited:

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
are you going to lay some paint in that bad boy rocket?

OP
OP
rocket

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
I gotta touch up a few area's , but the stock paint is holding up fine. I may have it detailed, or clay bar it, then polish it myself. Haven't decided yet.