Steering wheel replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

korby05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
So on my truck the top of my steering wheel is starting to almost peel. Like little pieces are coming off. I have a 2002 slt plus. My guess is that it is a leather wrapped steering wheel but I'm not sure.

Now I have a cover on it for now but I liked the clean look of not having a cover on it. I'm looking for replacement wheels but I wanna keep it stock to what I have. Where would the best place to look be?

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
Grant has a Revolution steering wheel that will swap in and retain the factory airbag plus it's an improvement in feel but retains the OEM look. I swapped mine out on the old '07 with one from Sherwood and I loved the look of it, several different color and grain options but it might not be for everyone.

IMG_1898.jpg

OP
OP
K

korby05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
I just looked them up. They actually don't have my steering wheel. I know I read somewhere that the 02-03 wheels are different.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Yes they do. I lucked and found a new replacement from a closed dealership I picked up cheap. Held off putting it in because I've been investigating the possibility of putting in a later wheel. Nothing so far, though I have heard of 04-08 wheels being installed in 02-03's.

PdPuNOme

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I too am looking into doing a 04+ swap into my 02. Found some good deals on a complete column, but cannot find any details on whether modules, sensors, switches, wires, etc are interchangable or I have to swap everything from mine to the new column.