Teaser pic for you guys

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

weedahoe

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cammed and custom tuned 5.7
Ive had a little time recently to make some progress on this custom center console Ive been trying to do for some time. Remember, this will house my B&M QuickSilver floor shifter, a power inverter, two terminal strips for power and grounds, various relays, a VGA to Composite adapter, a four channel video signal amplifier and one big bad ass computer.

I will get into specs and details at a later date. I sanded the minor spots down last night and wrapped it in fleece an am applying the resin for fiberglassing later today.

2011-06-28_17-02-23_367.jpg

wermbang

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 Off Road
Engine
5.9L V8 Sport
Thats gonna be cool.

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
sweeeeeeeet

OP
OP
W

weedahoe

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
^^^ I can tell you now there is no way in hell I would do another. Not doing something like this all the time leads me to scratch my head a lot and trying to figure out which direction to go next.

As with most projects, the second time around is better and easier than the first. :)

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
that is going to look awesome...can't wait for more pics

OP
OP
W

weedahoe

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I do have two stainless poker table cup holders going in the top. I have a 10" touch screen going in the middle of the dash. The AC controls are getting moved down where the pocket is at normally. Im no case i have switches there to control my two sets of Hellas, my compressor for my horns and my cutouts. All of those are getting moved and rewired to the console. It will also house two 12v power ports and 2 USB ports.

The USB ports will be for cell phone charging and for transferring or playing music off my thumb drives or external pocket hard drive. The OD switch is also being relocated although at this time i have decided where.

There will be a flat 5mm red LED to monitor when the air horn compressor is running. Also, there will be another 3mm red and green LED to monitor the motherboard power and HDD activity on the PC. There will also be a momentary push button reset switch for the PC should anything lock up.

I knew someone would ask about the hole in the box at the front. I have more pics but arent showing them right now. But there are (4) 90mm cooling fans in the console. Two are at the back with filters on them pulling air in the box and the other two are at the front pushing air out. They are controlled by a 3.5" four port box that has four variable voltage (to control fan RPM) knobs.

The only part of the shifter you will see if the vertical bar and knob on the top as the rest will be inside the box. For those that do not know, the B&M QuickSilver is a ratcheting floor shifter.

The original plans also included another sub, mono class D amp and an xbox 360. However, with all the other electronic gear having to go in there, i quickly found out there wasnt going to be enough room. (Maybe next time? ;) )

The PC is a quad core 2.8ghz with 4Gb of RAM, 1Tb HDD and a 20Gb SSD. It is powered by a Opus Solutions 180w PSU (DC to DC).

GPS comes from a USB GPS device under the front dash and navigation comes from MicroSoft Street and Trips.

The front end software is Centrafuse 3.5 with several other plug-ins

Internet will come from an USB 802.11G/G/N adapter on the PC and I can do wireless tethering from my Droid X or USB tethering through the USB ports. Additionally, I can pick up any WiFi spot if I am close enough to it.

I also have a USB Bluetooth adapter on the PC which allows remote control and desktop sharing to my Droid X or I can use a small 5" Bluetooth keyboard with track pad. Even though the is the main touchscreen, other forms of input are needed in case something goes south.

The PC is running Win7 Premium and have 5.1 sound.

So a 10 touch screen in the dash, two 7" screens in the sun visors and two 9" screens in the head rests.

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
holy frack!

reefguy89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
ok when your done with yours you can come do mine. its half the size thus half as hard.lol cant wait to see the finished product.

Mad Cow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Will it have cup holders though lol. That is going to look great can't wait to see it complete.