Turn signal flasher location on 2008 Ram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys, just wondering where the turn signal flasher is on these 08 Rams. I'm thinking about putting LED bulbs in my new headlights when they get here but I'm afraid they will make my turn signals blink at the faster rate like when you have a bulb out, from the decreased current draw.

Would I just be better to put regular incandescent bulbs back in?

Thanks.

Core-Lokt

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Ram 2500 4X4 ST
Engine
5.7L
Should be under hood with the fuses. Under the lid is a diagram with relay and fuse circuits.

OP
OP
corneileous

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'll give the power distribution center under the hood a look but I'm thinkin' all that's under the hood in that thing is more fuses and relays.

02ramboi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
Lmk if you figure it out I want to do the same thing to mines.

4.7 v8
Hi flow cat/flowmaster exhaust
7 inch lift/5 inch lift
20 inch falken wildpeak at3/33's

OP
OP
corneileous

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Lmk if you figure it out I want to do the same thing to mines.

4.7 v8
7 inch lift/5 inch lift

Well, I don't know about your 2002 but according to Oreily's, my 2008 doesn't have a traditional turn signal flasher. Guess it's built in to the computer or gauge cluster or somethin. I bought a LED light load resistor kit for just in case I need it but sure enough, as I was putting in my new LED back up bulbs, I decided to see what would happen when I temporarily installed my new LED turn signal bulbs in my stock taillights and the turn signals started flashing rapidly as I was hoping they wouldn't so, I guess for vehicles like mine is why they make a resistor kit so you can use LED bulbs in replacement of the regular incandescent stock bulbs since I can't upgrade my flasher to an electronic one.

Last edited:

02ramboi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
Well, I don't know about your 2002 but according to Oreily's, my 2008 doesn't have a traditional turn signal flasher. Guess it's built in to the computer or gauge cluster or somethin. I bought a LED light load resistor kit for just in case I need it but sure enough, as I was putting in my new LED back up bulbs, I decided to see what would happen when I temporarily installed my new LED turn signal bulbs in my stock taillights and the turn signals started flashing rapidly as I was hoping they wouldn't so, I guess for vehicles like mine is why they make a resistor kit so you can use LED bulbs in replacement of the regular incandescent stock bulbs since I can't upgrade my flasher to an electronic one.

Ok thanks alot

4.7 v8
7 inch lift/5 inch lift

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
These vehicles don't have a traditional flasher like old cars. It's all electronic, even the sound it makes so you know your blinker is on lol.

OP
OP
corneileous

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
These vehicles don't have a traditional flasher like old cars. It's all electronic, even the sound it makes so you know your blinker is on lol.

Yep, just one more thing to chalk up about how extra carried away and crazy these automotive engineers and designers get anymore.

This woulda been so much easier, not necessarily cheaper since an electronic flasher woulda been about the same price as the LED resistor kit cost but at least it wouldn't have taken near as much time as just simply plugging in a new flasher and bein' done with sooner.

I wonder what the lifespan is on these resistors? Apparently they don't last forever because one of the videos I found while trying to find some kind of instructions on how to hook these stupid things up, was about a guy showing how to replace one that had burned out or just decided to quit working.

Not to mention the fire or melting hazard of these damn things since they warm up to like 160 degrees while in use.

Last edited: