Uncomfortable Seat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lugnutz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anybody else find the drivers seat too short? I have fairly long legs and I find that the divers seat is way too short. The seat doesn't come anywhere close to ending right behind my knees. Makes for very uncomfortable driving when not able to use cruise control and lots of foot action. Anyone modify their seat for more room?

Sportznut

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Which seats do you have?

Harley Harrold

USAF Ret. 36+ years service
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I find the width of the drivers seat to be a problem. My 07' has the bucket seats with center seat. I think the seat could have been made an inch or two wider. I almost sit on the seat belt receiver and on my left I am sitting on the edge of the seat. My butt isn't wide either, just a very narrow seat.

Attachments

• IMG_0113.jpg
    IMG_0113.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 161

Trenton

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
search the dodge seat mod and add an extra piece for thigh support I bet you will notice the difference other than that the SRT seat swap would be good or Ricardo out of mustangs will require some fab brackets.

OP
OP
L

Lugnutz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the same seat as Harley Harrold has posted. And yes Harley same issue not wide enough. I don't have a fat ass either but these seats are way too small. Who do they think is the demographic for pickup truck owners? Fully grown men not children.

Trenton

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the same seat as Harley Harrold has posted. And yes Harley same issue not wide enough. I don't have a fat ass either but these seats are way too small. Who do they think is the demographic for pickup truck owners? Fully grown men not children.

here is one fix http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=39383
the only other option is finding a seat you like and swap it into your truck. I must add I scale in at 350 and find the seat very comfortable not to narrow but I do have the seat mod planned or to swap in a set of 05 limited heated seats with power recline out of my parts durango.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
My truck seats are vastly better than the seats in my ex-wife's Liberty or even my Charger (until I get SRT seats for it anyway).

OP
OP
L

Lugnutz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Trenton thanks for that link, pretty decent option. The SRT seats seem to be a hit among guys out there but I have not personally sat in one. Are they that much better?

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
The SRT seats are quite comfy with better bottom and side bolstering. From what I've heard, the higher end 4th gen seats are good too.

Harley Harrold

USAF Ret. 36+ years service
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Are the SRT seats a direct bolt in or must the mounts be modified?

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Are the SRT seats a direct bolt in or must the mounts be modified?

Bolt in. Only problems you'll have will be wiring (you may have to rearrange the plugs on the seat to line up correctly) and price (cheapest SRT Ram seats I've seen start at $1000 and go steeply up from there).

Flames

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Will 4th gen seats bolt right in to our 3rd gens?

Revenger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
Hi,

I agree, I have the same seats as the photos and they are narrow with not much plush. Also they are not centered with the steering wheel..its hard to explain but if you pay attention the center of the wheel is over to one side.
I would love to meet the team responsible for the design/layout!