Unknown heater problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mblake08

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ok guys, before everyone jumps down my throat about reading other threads...
i have read every thread in any dodge and dodge ram forum i could find...
so....
i have a 2002 dodge ram 1500 4x4 4.7.
problem: no heat
i have flush the cooling system and new coolant, and back flushed the heater core. the in and out of the heater core feel reasonably the same.all my doors that i can reach with out taking my dash completely out works. the motors work too. i unplugged the recirc door with it closed so it slowly gets the truck above freezing. i also but a new rad cap on.
and yet no heat. i get nice hot ass air for 5-10 seconds and then cold. i have the smell of coolant(syrup). but i have pulled the carpet up and no coolant!! i cant see where its leaking in the engine either. the pass side does get warmer air then driver side. on every setting but defost them both are coldish warmish.
please someone help. its cold as f outside and i need heat. i am at my witts end and need some serious help. the only thing left i can think is to back flush the heater core again and then plow it out with a lil air to get it empty and fill it with CLR and let it sit and break up a possble clog. but i cant do it till it gets warmer cuz i dont have barn or warehouse accessablitity. and by the time it warm enough to do so it will be spring.
any ideas or help will be appriciated. thanks guys.

OP
OP
M

mblake08

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
well guys even with no response i found a garage to used yesterday. and back flushed heater core again. blew it out with air. and then fille dit with CLR and used a drill pump to aggitate the clr in the heater core. and let it sit for over an hour aggitating it every so often and blew it all out and omg the **** that was in there. heat works. all good

HLram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 and 2007
Engine
Hemi 5.7 in both
glad u got it fixed buddy.