What exactly goes Here?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LTDMan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Magnum V8
I have an empty threaded bolt hole under my passenger side front seat, that goes clear through to the underside of the Truck. I can see daylight through it. Anyone know what exactly goes here? I'm assuming since the jack is stored under here and just sliding around right now, that it must be a bolt hole for the hold down for the jack. If i'm correct in this assumption, anyone know where I can order one online? Thanks!

Attachments

• IMAG0078.jpg
    IMAG0078.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 87

Harley Harrold

USAF Ret. 36+ years service
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I have an empty threaded bolt hole under my passenger side front seat, that goes clear through to the underside of the Truck. I can see daylight through it. Anyone know what exactly goes here? I'm assuming since the jack is stored under here and just sliding around right now, that it must be a bolt hole for the hold down for the jack. If i'm correct in this assumption, anyone know where I can order one online? Thanks!

You are correct, the jack hold down bolt, and its retainer are missing. You can get replacement parts from a dealership, or a salvage yard. You would need all three pieces.

mrfyram1500

2024 1500 Laramie
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
When you do find one make sure to keep it greased or spray it occasionally with some sort of oil on the underside since it is exposed all the time and will rust.

Last edited:

Egress

Reaction score
Ram Year
03 1500 Quad Cab 4x4 SLT
Engine
Stock 235hp 4.7L/287 V-8
When you do find one make sure to keep it greased or spray it occasionally with some sort of oil on the underside since it is exposed all the time and will rust.

Very true. Had to use vise grips to get mine out, messed it up pretty badly. A simple run to the hardware store, found a galvanized replacement and used graphite dust instead of grease. I have also heard that dipping the bolt in Milk of Magnesia works as an "anti-seize".

Last edited:
OP
OP
LTDMan

LTDMan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Magnum V8
Wing bolt.

2005RamJackLocation.jpg

Thanks, thats exactly what I needed to see. I just called, and the dealership can't find any for some reason. Looks like I'm gonna be junkyardin' for this piece.

I'm pretty serious about keeping rust at bay, so I pretty much always paint or oil coat any exposed areas which could possibly rust, including bolt threads. So believe me when I say that I will. My truck is rust-free, and I wanna keep it that way. I even shelled out the $150 recently for the Mopar 02-09 Ram Rear Wheel Well Liners, to keep those wheel well seams and the entire area back there from getting caked with mud, holding moisture, and eventually starting to rust.

Harley Harrold

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Very true. Had to use vise grips to get mine out, messed it up pretty badly. A simple run to the hardware store, found a galvanized replacement and used graphite dust instead of grease. I have also heard that dipping the bolt in Milk of Magnesia works as an "anti-seize".

I used Milk of Magnesia, on F4 aircraft in the USAF, as an anti-seize, works great.

Harley Harrold

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Thanks, thats exactly what I needed to see. I just called, and the dealership can't find any for some reason. Looks like I'm gonna be junkyardin' for this piece.

I'm pretty serious about keeping rust at bay, so I pretty much always paint or oil coat any exposed areas which could possibly rust, including bolt threads. So believe me when I say that I will. My truck is rust-free, and I wanna keep it that way. I even shelled out the $150 recently for the Mopar 02-09 Ram Rear Wheel Well Liners, to keep those wheel well seams and the entire area back there from getting caked with mud, holding moisture, and eventually starting to rust.

I too installed the rear wheel well liners on my 07' to protect the bed areas from corrosion.

Attachments

• IMG_0156.jpg
    IMG_0156.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 70
  • Rear Inner Fender Linner.png
    Rear Inner Fender Linner.png
    78.6 KB · Views: 267