Window motor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JAMMAN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Couldn't figure out if this belonged in interior or exterior but here goes.

Pulled up to a fast food joint last night, first 12 degree night this year. Hit the down button I heard a little pop and the motor just kept on going till it got to what it thought was the bottom then stopped. So I pushed it the other direction, heard the motor and it got to the top and stopped. Window never moved.

Anyone been in there and can tell me what I'm facing? Is it one of those scissors things actuated by a gear or does it have one of those silly cables?

EWC88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You possibly might of just popped the window. This happened to me last year when it was cold out, tried to lower window heard a pop noise and window just stayed in (cold weather kept it in I'm assuming). Took off door panel and noticed window was off so all I had to do was reattached it to the bar (no clue what proper name is).

Oh and mine was scissor thing

OP
OP
JAMMAN

JAMMAN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks I'll tear into it today.

OP
OP
JAMMAN

JAMMAN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yup was easy, rolled it up and gently tapped the clips back into place on the window works like a charm. Looks like it isn't the first time, I saw glue on one side of both clips. And yes it was a scissor type and not a cable.

Need a T20 Torx bit, straight on a ratchet works better because it holds the door handle on.

There are 4 phillips screws, 2 under the door panel and 2 larger ones through the door. Nothing is hidden.

You need to gently pry the switch assembly out of the door and disconnect the 2 plugs, no tools needed for those just press on the release tabs in the middle of the connector.

Pull the plastic door innards upward then tip it out... works like a charm.