0-60 times

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
You dont count jim..... your truck simply is just not a fair just yet.... soon it will be all good but for now its in a leage of its own.

Daniel - your still in the 6's? You need to get that higher stall in there asap man but I didn't think the 3600 stall would work with our tcm.

kay9

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
xxxx
Engine
xxxx
Yeah i am still having major spinning issues from idle plus i am still running a base tune from Sean. Worse since i have taken off the cover and bedrug. The powerband is just begging for a higher stall.

3600 would be optimal if sticking with 4.10's but 3400 or 3500 would be good if i up to to 4.56's. As long as the shift recovery is 5k or or above rpm. Since i am going to need to shift 6500+ rpm i really need to get my megashifter in then adjust my shiftlight. Should help when shifting manually at WOT.

Should of put my 4.88's in while i had the chance lol.
You dont count jim..... your truck simply is just not a fair just yet.... soon it will be all good but for now its in a leage of its own.

Daniel - your still in the 6's? You need to get that higher stall in there asap man but I didn't think the 3600 stall would work with our tcm.

Last edited:

glass3222

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I did a quick 0-60 run today since I installed the superchips with trans tuning. 6.69 with some wheelspin. It was 91*, not sure about the humidity. Not bad. (And I did set the tire size correctly)

I am not sure how that compares to my DSP, I did not do any runs since I installed my fastman tb and re-did the exhaust. I will be doing a comparison between the DSP and SC3865 over the next month or so.

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
not feeling any of those..........not my style. But, I can't wait to see the beast with the higher altitude!

LoadedLaramie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i tryied doing a 0-60 in 4hi yesterday and i couldnt do it. this weekend has been beautiful and the temps have dropped into the upper 60's, lower 70's, perfect for racing. and my truck LOVES these temps. actually loves them SOO much that i was spinning ALL 4 of my tires off the line. if i take a turn and stomp of the throttle with these temps my ass end will com around on me faster than i can let off the gas. the torque on this things is amazing. i may end up needing new tires next year if i keep this up.

im gonna have to figure out how to get some traction before i get some accurate numbers.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I want to see a vid of a four tire burnout, that would be sweet! Come on man, post a video for us.

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
That ****** is a stroked 392. I don't doubt it for a second. Night, You best take careof that torque, or your gonna end up like this guy!!
[yt]mFH39T0Z0WI[/yt]

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
i can spin my front tires too

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Before doing that how flat are your cv joints? If ya do it alot and they are not laying flat or close to it your GONNA rip them out. Thats why i took off my torison keys once I got into racing.

Bad Habit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Modded 4.7l
well i attemped a few 0-60 runs tonight and failed miserably i could not get a better time than i got before my last few mods and trans tuning but i do lay quite the patch of rubber now...i need to hook up and i could prolly run a lil better i will try some more soon....as long as i can hook and book....

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That stinks that you couldn't get a good run in. Did you at least get us a pic of the patch you laid?

LoadedLaramie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Before doing that how flat are your cv joints? If ya do it alot and they are not laying flat or close to it your GONNA rip them out. Thats why i took off my torison keys once I got into racing.

i just rebuilt my cv's with some aftermarket parts about a month and a half ago. they dont lay flat but I have no vibs and no problems. if they go, oh well. Im to the point im not gonna start worrying about every little thing any more. its a truck. parts break. :head3:

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
well i attemped a few 0-60 runs tonight and failed miserably i could not get a better time than i got before my last few mods and trans tuning but i do lay quite the patch of rubber now...i need to hook up and i could prolly run a lil better i will try some more soon....as long as i can hook and book....

Yep, as the truck gets faster, you actually get slower.... Tire spin SUCKS sometimes. Getting it to stick is a fun adventure specially after you spend all the time and effort to get it to run fast only to find out that you cant launch like normal anymore without spinning out.

glass3222

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Today was nice and I was done with class at noon so I went out and did some comparison runs with the SC and DSP. I ran 2 0-60 runs with each tune and one 1/4 mile run. I used the SC to log all of the times for consistency and also used my ipod touch with dynolicious to make sure nothing weird went on when datalogging with the SC and having a DSP tune loaded. WOT shift points were the same with all tunes. This was with no prep to the truck (still had the spare/tailgate/hard tonneau/subs/tool in the the truck).

Anyway, here is what I ended up with:

SC performance 91 with trans tuning:
0-60: 6.68, 6.66
1/4 mi: 15.17@89

DSP 93 canned tune:
0-60: 6.67, 6.66
1/4mi: 15.16@90

DSP 93 HemiFever Tune:
0-60: 6.51, 6.59 (spun)
1/4mi: 14.88@93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That is some great info to have. Interesting to see that the canned tunes from both sc and dsp give almost identical results. I would have thought that there would have been some difference between the performance of the two tunes.

glass3222

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That is some great info to have. Interesting to see that the canned tunes from both sc and dsp give almost identical results. I would have thought that there would have been some difference between the performance of the two tunes.

There is a difference between the 2. The times are kinda deceiving about it. The DSP 93 tune feels like it has more power, but it looses time on the shift from first to second. The SC 91 has a little less power, but with the TM set to 8% it makes up for slightly less power with quicker shifts. I do not have dyno result to confirm this, but that is what my butt dyno says. I think if the DSP had TM adjustments it would be a little quicker.