0-60 times

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlackedOutHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2012
Engine
5.7L HEMI & 6.7L Cummins
Sam did my headers install. Lol. I'm less than 10min from his house.

HemiSwapped06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Awesome. Is it hard?

The actual spring swap was a PITA. Swapping cams the 2nd time was an afternoon project for me, where it took all day the first time. The 2nd time I didn't have to swap springs, just R&R the cam. I pulled a fairly wild Super Spartan for a Sidewinder.

JRsHD

Reaction score
Ram Year
2008 2500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hi this is my first post on this site! I had this posted on the other ram forum and haven't received any feedback and noticed this thread is hopping on here!

I used the iPhone app Dynolicious (Heard it was accurate within few thousandths) But this was my best time out of the 2 runs i did lastnight
I'm running a 2008 QCSB 2500 hemi 4x4 with a Vararam CAI, Magnaflo, DSP on canned 93 tune, sitting on 325/60r18 with 3.73 gears. I thought this was pretty good for a 3/4 ton truck but wanted some input never did a bone stock run and cant find any info on it. Let me know what you think any inout is appreciated!

Would running my stock size tires make a noticeable difference?

36f32cd2.jpg

29f61c2e.jpg

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
I towed ~7,000 lbs behind my 06, with the APS 2,800 and 4.56 gears, using the 1-ton cooler and tow/haul mode, the transmission temps didn't even rise above normal.

You have also gone through 4 transmissions right?

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
I would think running on stockers would make a good difference. Why would you want to run stockers though? lol

Welcome to RF!!
I would think stock wranglers, would offer a faster time, less mass on all four corners, but thats just me. Too the nooby with the smart phone, They got phones that do that too! , huh?? ***,, I'm never gonna figure this **** out........................................................lol.

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
The stockers have no grip, so you'll be sitting there spinning before you move an inch. A wider tire = more traction = harder launches and quicker acceleration.

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
The stockers have no grip, so you'll be sitting there spinning before you move an inch. A wider tire = more traction = harder launches and quicker acceleration.

I agree, but You can warm them up, enough too get a quick run or three...If traction is the only thing, then that can be resolved, With proper tachnique, Course I had michelins on,stock size, which I believe had a softer rubber compound, allowing me too get the 7.13.0-60 time. I cant touch that time with the duratracs ' that i have on now....................Thats all I'm saying.

TheSatinPumpkin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 Dodge Ram
Engine
5.7L
winter tires are considered the poor man DR's due to soft compound. Pick up some cheap snow tires in the rear and have fun.

My Nitto nt555r rear tires sling shots me out of the hole on the street. Took them off for winter and have my Toyos on and man talk about spin spin.

Last edited:

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
Exactly, with the stockers all I would do is spin, there was no warming them up. They are/were a harder compound so you could sit there for a minute "warming them up" and still spin when you hit the gas. Yes you can feather the launch but that gets you a slower time (well faster than sitting there spinning lol) but getting that grip for a harder punch out of the hole is what you want and a wider stickier tire will help by allowing you to hit it harder than you would normally be able to

JRsHD

Reaction score
Ram Year
2008 2500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I might throw the stocks on and see what i get, if nothing else I can video some good burnouts:naughty:

Are any of you familiar with a CMR tune for the DSP, would the results be worth the money?

glass3222

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I might throw the stocks on and see what i get, if nothing else I can video some good burnouts:naughty:

Are any of you familiar with a CMR tune for the DSP, would the results be worth the money?

What mods do you have? Custom CMR tunes will get you a few more ponies, how many depends on what all supporting mods you have done.

JRsHD

Reaction score
Ram Year
2008 2500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
As of right now besides the DSP i just have the Vararam CAI and a Magnaflow Muffler. Will be doing more mods just not sure what yet, I don't want to make the truck to temperamental as it is my daily driver and pull my boat with it. I was talking to a guy on another forum about doing my shift points (thats all greek to me right now) He said $80 bucks for the email tune from my logs. The only reason I haven't done this yet is B&G Chrysler Performance is 30 mins away from me and i have read they are really good.

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
B&G is hit and miss from what I have heard down the grapevine. They have one truck doing well but they are not telling you he is a large hit of spray along with cam and heads, they claim he is stock besides tune lol. Who is charging $80 for the tunes?

03MopaRamman

RAM SPORT / 18 SRT
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 (2003 Forgottens SOLD and 2014 SOLD)
Engine
Hemi 5.7 (392 Hemi) 86 Ford .308 HO Roller
6.08 my best with duratracs, no spin but 4wd launch, oh ya!

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
As soon as I update my tuner and get the pcm tune updated I'm going to get the tcm done too. Been putting it off because I dont want to mess with retuning.