02 ram 1500 4.7l supercharger or turbo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zackernst

Reaction score
Ram Year
02 dodge ram 1500
Engine
im looking to boost my 4.7l does anyone have any superchargers they want to sell and has anyone ever done a turbo setup and how did they do it and how much did it cost

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Drunken Hamster

Turncoat Ford Boi
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2005
Engine
was 5.7 Hemi
im looking to boost my 4.7l does anyone have any superchargers they want to sell and has anyone ever done a turbo setup and how did they do it and how much did it cost

Not worth it from what I've heard and read. Better off swapping. And, at that, you might as well swap in a kickass engine. 6.1/6.4 hemi, an LS motor, or the viper v10.

Sent from my magic 5-inch

OP
OP
zackernst

zackernst

Reaction score
Ram Year
02 dodge ram 1500
Engine
That would be way out of my budget and out of my mechanical abilities

Drunken Hamster

Turncoat Ford Boi
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2005
Engine
was 5.7 Hemi
That would be way out of my budget and out of my mechanical abilities

It's rare that people admit that. But still. Blower or turbo kit is 2k-3k minimum. Junkyard LS swap FBO with heads and cam, even if you have to rebuild it, will be about the same.

Oh, and that's if it's worthwhile to try boosting that engine and IF the parts for it and other supporting mods even exist without having to go custom, aka, more expensive.

Ian_Olivas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L Magnum

Yeah drunken hamster is right, not worth it at all the kits are almost impossible find and if you do crazy expensive, plus cams are discontinued so if you're trying to get a good flow without good heads and good set of cams it won't be worth boosting and you'll also need forged internals, don't want to twist any rods under that pressure

Ian_Olivas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L Magnum
Not worth it from what I've heard and read. Better off swapping. And, at that, you might as well swap in a kickass engine. 6.1/6.4 hemi, an LS motor, or the viper v10.

Has anyone actually swapped an ls motor into a ram before?

justin13703

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Realistically to do a turbo/supercharger setup the right way you will be looking at least 5k and it’s usually much higher than that. There is a lot more to it than just bolting one on and running it. Tuning alone costs a ton of money. And at the end of the day it’s a 4.7 so it’ll end up blowing it’s guts out on the street anyway. Not saying the 4.7 is a bad motor, but it wil NOT like boost.

I know it sucks to hear but if you want a boosted vehicle, best bet is to get a different vehicle that is a better match for it.

OP
OP
zackernst

zackernst

Reaction score
Ram Year
02 dodge ram 1500
Engine
yea i should of got a hemi from the beginning

fastf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Ram 1500 Quad Cab SLT Thunder road
Engine
What I want to know how drunk can you get a hamster ? LOL

OP
OP
zackernst

zackernst

Reaction score
Ram Year
02 dodge ram 1500
Engine
i saw on air rams website under the description for the sulivan intake manifold that it come with an adapter from a 4.6l ford to make it fit onto the 4.7l l,which makes it possible to use diffrent intake manifolds from the ford and a supercharger for the EATON M112 does anyone known about the adapter or have installed a 4.6l supercharger on the 4.7

Ian_Olivas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L Magnum
i saw on air rams website under the description for the sulivan intake manifold that it come with an adapter from a 4.6l ford to make it fit onto the 4.7l l,which makes it possible to use diffrent intake manifolds from the ford and a supercharger for the EATON M112 does anyone known about the adapter or have installed a 4.6l supercharger on the 4.7

I don't think he ever finished the project to sell the adapters. you could message him, he has his number on the site and if you super charge it you need to get his forged rods and pistons. It'll be too much torque on the stock internals

Drunken Hamster

Turncoat Ford Boi
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2005
Engine
was 5.7 Hemi
At this rate, you might as well look for a crapped out viper and pull the motor. FBO and cam that, stuff it in your ram in front of a tr6060 and a tough rear end, slap 400lbs in the bed and 2/4 drop in on 305/45r22 nitto nt420s' and call it a year.
[emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

OP
OP
zackernst

zackernst

Reaction score
Ram Year
02 dodge ram 1500
Engine
At this rate, you might as well look for a crapped out viper and pull the motor. FBO and cam that, stuff it in your ram in front of a tr6060 and a tough rear end, slap 400lbs in the bed and 2/4 drop in on 305/45r22 nitto nt420s' and call it a year.
[emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

yea seriously the 4.7l doesnt got much in the aftermarket parts im thinking about putting in a 360 magnum since its simple and cheap and has alote of aftermarket parts and does it bolt to a 45rfe

Drunken Hamster

Turncoat Ford Boi
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2005
Engine
was 5.7 Hemi
Yeah. IMO, I'd go with something more modern{5.7/6.1/6.4 HEMI/Viper V-10/LS swap}, but I'm ignorant to all of the possibilities. What could be done, what should be done, what's cheaper or just more economic.

All I really know is what I WANT. And, after watching some SRT-10 videos, I'm starting to WANT that. Very unique, good power as is, even better with FBO and cam, and up to 1300 wheel on pump gas as the maximum potential.

Stick that with all the other crazy @$$ stuff I wanna do to my QC{like make it an EC, 3 diff lockable/limited slip AWD swap, mid mount trans, coil rear suspension}, and I'd have an actual, real, live SNIPE!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
zackernst

zackernst

Reaction score
Ram Year
02 dodge ram 1500
Engine
Yeah. IMO, I'd go with something more modern{5.7/6.1/6.4 HEMI/Viper V-10/LS swap}, but I'm ignorant to all of the possibilities. What could be done, what should be done, what's cheaper or just more economic.

All I really know is what I WANT. And, after watching some SRT-10 videos, I'm starting to WANT that. Very unique, good power as is, even better with FBO and cam, and up to 1300 wheel on pump gas as the maximum potential.

Stick that with all the other crazy @$$ stuff I wanna do to my QC{like make it an EC, 3 diff lockable/limited slip AWD swap, mid mount trans, coil rear suspension}, and I'd have an actual, real, live SNIPE!!
yea a swap is still way out of my comfort zone im not really even allowed to change my oil where i live and its out of my skill level also thats why i was hoping to build up the 4.7l with some aftermarket parts or a low boost supercharger like the ones boosted technologies sell

OP
OP
zackernst

zackernst

Reaction score
Ram Year
02 dodge ram 1500
Engine
this is the dyno sheet from boosted technologies it costs $4,495 and they say its safe on stock internals and its a modified GM eaton m903fde9b2c3ef8bfdd222ceb3898a61db9.jpg

Drunken Hamster

Turncoat Ford Boi
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2005
Engine
was 5.7 Hemi
Most low level motors are only meant to function as they are. Do one thing, and you will have to support it. And that doesn't happen easily without the aftermarket already having most of what you need.

If you're uncomfortable doing a swap, or even parts, why not get some tools and work at a shop until you are? Hell, go work at a junkyard. My landlord said he had a job at a junkyard, and all he did was tear apart engines there. Says that's where he got most of his know-how on how things go together.

If you have a decent memory and know how things come apart properly, then surely you could then piece it together, yes?

EDIT:: I can't read that sht. Looks like mid 200's. AKA, totally not worth it. You can swap an FBO, heads, cam 5.7 with the TCM that'll make your 45rfe a 545rfe for about the same price and have a much better setup with even more future potential.

Better yet. If your truck is in good shape, you can sell it, and use that 5k to get a newer 3rd gen already WITH the freakin 5.7 hemi in it. My 05 QC 2wd with goodies was only 13k on the lot back in 2015 I'll bet you can find an 06-08 QC 4wd with the 5.7 similarly equipped for no more than 15k now. Even better because now you'll have coil front suspension.

Even just an 05 has coil front suspension.

Last edited:
OP
OP
zackernst

zackernst

Reaction score
Ram Year
02 dodge ram 1500
Engine
Most low level motors are only meant to function as they are. Do one thing, and you will have to support it. And that doesn't happen easily without the aftermarket already having most of what you need.

If you're uncomfortable doing a swap, or even parts, why not get some tools and work at a shop until you are? Hell, go work at a junkyard. My landlord said he had a job at a junkyard, and all he did was tear apart engines there. Says that's where he got most of his know-how on how things go together.

If you have a decent memory and know how things come apart properly, then surely you could then piece it together, yes?

EDIT:: I can't read that sht. Looks like mid 200's. AKA, totally not worth it. You can swap an FBO, heads, cam 5.7 with the TCM that'll make your 45rfe a 545rfe for about the same price and have a much better setup with even more future potential.

Better yet. If your truck is in good shape, you can sell it, and use that 5k to get a newer 3rd gen already WITH the freakin 5.7 hemi in it. My 05 QC 2wd with goodies was only 13k on the lot back in 2015 I'll bet you can find an 06-08 QC 4wd with the 5.7 similarly equipped for no more than 15k now. Even better because now you'll have coil front suspension.

Even just an 05 has coil front suspension.
i probally could do a swap if i had the time and money and just researched the hell out of it but the truck is also my daily and its also lifted probally making it a ***** to get a old motor out and the new one in