02 ram 1500 4.7l supercharger or turbo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drunken Hamster

Turncoat Ford Boi
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2005
Engine
was 5.7 Hemi
i probally could do a swap if i had the time and money and just researched the hell out of it but the truck is also my daily and its also lifted probally making it a ***** to get a old motor out and the new one in

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Disconnect everything. Drop it out tje bottom with the tranny. Bolt the new motor to the tranny. Put it back in from the bottom, put in the new wirong and computers, bolt everything back up. Test it. Good to go.

If you research everything, get every part you need, set them all up to work properly, then lay them all out, it should be a smooth shot. One weekend with the help of 1 person. Possibly a day with three people's help.

Sent from my magic 5-inch

OP
OP
zackernst

zackernst

Reaction score
Ram Year
02 dodge ram 1500
Engine
Disconnect everything. Drop it out tje bottom with the tranny. Bolt the new motor to the tranny. Put it back in from the bottom, put in the new wirong and computers, bolt everything back up. Test it. Good to go.

If you research everything, get every part you need, set them all up to work properly, then lay them all out, it should be a smooth shot. One weekend with the help of 1 person. Possibly a day with three people's help.

Sent from my magic 5-inch
i think all the parts from the suspension lift would be in the way of just dropping it all out so i think i would have to remove front clip and yank it out which would be a pia

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
im looking to boost my 4.7l does anyone have any superchargers they want to sell and has anyone ever done a turbo setup and how did they do it and how much did it cost

LOL...didn't like the answers on the other forum so decided to try elsewhere?

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
yea lol went from turbo to supercharger

Has your budget or level of mechanical ability increased in that intervening time?

OP
OP
zackernst

zackernst

Reaction score
Ram Year
02 dodge ram 1500
Engine
Has your budget or level of mechanical ability increased in that intervening time?
a supercharger is alote easier isnt it and im looking to use a air ram adapter to use a ford 4.6l supercharger which i have seen them for under 1500$ or ill just save up and get the one from boosted technologies for 5k

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
a supercharger is alote easier isnt it and im looking to use a air ram adapter to use a ford 4.6l supercharger which i have seen them for under 1500$ or ill just save up and get the one from boosted technologies for 5k

Depends on the blower. Someone has done this, the thread would be a good read for you. Regardless, you're gonna need more than $1000 so start saving. Can't remember if I sent you that link.

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Pulling an engine is waaaay more work then that. Definitely more then a day or two of work. There is a lot that goes into it and does require quite a bit of experience and knowledge to do it. Especially all the extra stuff you gotta do with adding some boost. I would easily guess your truck would be down a minimum of 2-3 weeks. You wouldn’t believe all the dumb little hang ups you will encounter. Not saying it isn’t doable, but it’s a lot for a beginner.

OP
OP
zackernst

zackernst

Reaction score
Ram Year
02 dodge ram 1500
Engine
Depends on the blower. Someone has done this, the thread would be a good read for you. Regardless, you're gonna need more than $1000 so start saving. Can't remember if I sent you that link.
yea i have read a couple of the threads but i dont know if air ram sells the adapter anymore and there isnt much about if the pulleys just align or is there more modifing that i need to do then just bolting it on hooking the belt up and getting it tuned up. but i do know that im not going to be running much boost maybe 8 psi max but im thinking more like 5 to 6 to be safe

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
yea i have read a couple of the threads but i dont know if air ram sells the adapter anymore and there isnt much about if the pulleys just align or is there more modifing that i need to do then just bolting it on hooking the belt up and getting it tuned up. but i do know that im not going to be running much boost maybe 8 psi max but im thinking more like 5 to 6 to be safe

Check your pm's

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk