03 1500 Hemi 4wd Manifold Studs Broke

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MitchS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Took the truck into the stealer as I bought a warranty when I purchased it and they found my exhaust leak was due to exhaust manifold stud breaking. Two of the studs have broke. Warranty will not cover this issue, but as it seems like an easy fix I think I will do this myself.

While I am doing that I think I will swap to some long tube headers, or some shorties. I have found some pace setters that say they will fit with the 4wd, but wanted to see if anyone had experience with these. Fitment, do they seal well (in my experience most headers tend to be a pain in the ass), how big of a PITA is it to adjust the stick exhaust from long tube headers?

Any hints or knowledge is welcome.

Thanks

OP
OP
M

MitchS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I also live in Wyoming so I do not have a need for a CAT or have to worry about passing emissions. I run an EDGE CTS currently to monitor my check engine light, as the led failed on the actual gauge cluster, and for the box tune. K&N Intake and upgraded tires and wheels 17"