04 to 06 engine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
**** you, *************!!! I've seen it with my own eyes, And the write up was from FCA themselves.

Do some research lol:homoswitch::flipthebird:

LMAO, someone went full on snowflake...must be from north jersey, the **** end...I don't HAVE to do research, I have worked on those year trucks and more (I'm a mechanic lol). It's ok, I have the 06 FACTORY SERVICE & PARTS MANUALS to back me up LOL. What you got?

picture.php

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
The system was first offered only on passenger cars, since the heavy demands of trucks would interfere with its operation. However, it was recalibrated for 2006 and was offered on all seven models, including SUV's and 1500 series trucks, using the 5.7 L engine.

In order to preserve the characteristic rumble of the V8 engines, Chrysler and Eberspaecher North America designed a special exhaust system for MDS-equipped vehicles. This includes FOUR SEPERATE mufflers, two large central ones for V8 mode and two smaller ones near the tailpipes for four-cylinder mode. Unlike the system used on Mercedes-Benz V12 engines, also designed by Eberspaecher, the system is mechanically passive. Most people that have an aftermarket exhaust didn't know they had four stock mufflers, that's the top first mod. Everyone gets a cat back exhaust and never even look under the truck first.

View attachment 91913

This...is the LX/LC exhaust system and similar to the dual outlet exhaust on the 09+ Rams.

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
Dude, I'm not going to have a ******* match with you about this, but to start name calling is disrespectful and childish,, I saw what I saw in over a dozen trucks so that's my experience. It's not on all the trucks I've work on or have seen so I looked it up and that's what I found, maybe they were just trying something out idk but you need to chill man. I'm sorry you feel the way you do. :peace:

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
I knew if I waited to respond the wheels would start falling off...

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Just to be helpful to the original question, even if there were "4 mufflers" why would the guy have to "completely redo his exhaust system"? If he had the 06 and was putting in a non mds motor in, the most he would have to do if ANYTHING, would be cutting out two resonators. Don't see the original point even if you were right. And yeah, the original picture you posted of the exhaust system is from a car system. Completely different. The trucks have y-pipes, not duals. And I'm pretty sure all the factory systems has a single exit exhaust. I would love to see a truck with 4 back to back mufflers haha

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
And if the original guy is still around after this show, don't let this scare you away from the forum. There a lot of knowledgeable people on here, only about 5% of the posts end up with name calling. You were just lucky enough to get it on your first post haha.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Dude, I'm not going to have a ******* match with you about this, but to start name calling is disrespectful and childish,, I saw what I saw in over a dozen trucks so that's my experience. It's not on all the trucks I've work on or have seen so I looked it up and that's what I found, maybe they were just trying something out idk but you need to chill man. I'm sorry you feel the way you do. :peace:

You were quite disrespectful to the OP, you owe him an apology. Not to mention I simply called you a *******, I believe your response was, "**** you, *************!!!". So go **** yourself, don't act like a snowflake and you won't get called one. I don't have to get into a ******* match with you; I do this for a living. I don't know (or care, really) what you saw, or what you think you saw, but if you don't have anything to back it up much less anything constructive to say, shut your ******* ***********.

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
I agree. Frankly I don't even care that you had some bad info on the situation, except that you had such a high and mighty attitude about your apparent "knowledge and years of experience". I guess young doesn't always mean dumb...

Last edited:

justin13703

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
******** this went downhill fast lol.

The diagram that Hemilonestar posted is the correct exhaust setup for an 06-08 5.7. If there is any doubt about it still, I'll go crawl my happy ass under my 08 out in the driveway, and take a photo of it.

Sykramman, you gotta chill. You can't get all defensive when people jump you for insulting their intelligence by saying that since you're older than them you obviously know more than them. That doesn't seem to be the case in this scenario. Saying "I looked it up and that's what I found so therefore I am right" is pretty childish when I can walk outside and snap a picture and prove that you're wrong. You would look a lot more respectable if you just admit when you're wrong instead of throwing f bombs around at people.

As a side note I also find it interesting when you told Hemilonestar that "name calling is disrespectful and childish" when your previous post included "**** you, *************", the **** emoji, and the middle finger emoji, all wrapped up into one big name-calling post, but you get called a snowflake and all of a sudden the other guy is in the wrong. The poor OP probably won't even post back with all this nonsense you've created in here.

Last edited:

justin13703

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I agree. Frankly I don't even care that you had some bad info on the situation, except that you had such a high and mighty attitude about your apparent "knowledge and years of experience". I guess young doesn't always mean dumb...

Chrisp, you were right from the beginning. This guy doesn't have a damn clue what he's talking about. No 06-08 5.7 ram in existence came with factory dual exhaust. And the photo he posted to try to prove you wrong, was a dual exhaust setup, with twice the amount of mufflers that we have. Lol