04 Ram runs terrible.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

snowplowdog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When coming home from up north this weekend my 04 Ram with 5.7 Hemi started running awful, like it wasn't getting fuel. A few miles down the road the check engine light came on so I pulled into an o reillys and had them read the code. They said misfire on cylinder 3, most likely the coil pack. Of course they didn't have any in stock, otherwise I would've bought one & installed it right there. Anyway, I drove it the rest of the way home, it runs rough at lower RPM's, not great at higher RPM's and dies at stop signs uless you feather the throttle. Does this sound like a coil pack or should I be looking elsewhere?

Thanks in advance

Izzyb47

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mopar 4.7l
Sounds about right while your on it i would just do all the sparkplugs and then switch the coilpack with another see if the code goes to the other cylinder if so u know its that pack. Unplug the battery for 20 sec. to get rid of the code in between changing the coilpack. If it is the coilpack i would just change them all out if you haven't done any already. Coils are one of those things that once one goes shortly thereafter another will go bad.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
At the very least check the 2 plugs for that cylinder, if they seem ok then swap that coil with another cylinder and see if the problem moves. If your plugs are well past due then it's a good idea to change them anyway (supposed to be coppers everywhere 30,000 miles).

chefred112

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 QC 2wd
Engine
392 Hemi
when was the last time you cleaned the throttle body?