05 ram 1500 4.7 stumble

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fastf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Ram 1500 Quad Cab SLT Thunder road
Engine
Hello,I have a 05 ram 1500 quad cab with a 4.7.I bought it used last year but it has me stumbled .It had a double cold air intake that sat on the top of the engine.When you first start the truck cold it would stumble and act like it was starving for gas and sometimes the temp guage is between cold and half way.I was thinking that with the cold air intake sitting on top of the engine it was vaporizing the gas causing it to stumble.I found a stock air box I put a k&n filter inside the box .It still stumbles but doesn't do it all the time and not as bad I was told to check the fuel pressure from the pump.I feel that it's temperature related.Have anyone in the forum had this issue all and all the little engine run good .

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
What do you mean by "stumbles"? i,e. Sputters, hesitation, wants to stall?

OP
OP
F

fastf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sputters and hesitate you sometimes step on the gas and it doesn't want to go acts like it is cold natured .I you ever drove a car or truck with a manual coke it acts like it cold it spits back into the intake filter.I'm also thinking throttle position sensor maybe going bad but it's not throwing a code yet.I can put it in park and clear the intake and she runs like a top.

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
Sounds like it could be the air temperature sensor in the intake. Coputer thinks it's a different temp than what the ambient temperature actually is, that gauge is reading warm when in actuality it's not. So the ecm may be dumping more or less of fuel/air. jmho.

OP
OP
F

fastf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I also thought about that too.I have two air temp sensors but the one on the dual cold air intake was worse the air box I got out of a junk yard had one on it too.But again it maybe bad or going bad but there is no code at all .But It was mentioned by my kid brother to check my fuel pressure from the pump.

OP
OP
F

fastf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Engine stumbling

Swapped out the air temp sensor so far so good.