05 Ram 1500 Hemi 115k transmission and tuneup??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cwmgr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Should I have transmission flushed out or just drain and what's best to replace with? And for the tuneup best spark plugs and wires to go with Hemi and any filter recommendations would be much appreciated

bhonshell37

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
100 percent fluid change of transmission fluid if you can find a shop to do so. I have an 04 Ram and the 5.7. My year recommends eom plugs and wires. Filters, I use Fram. I am sure others will disagree

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
C

Cwmgr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok thanks. I am concerned a lot of people seem to say to just drain I know that only does lik 30%. I have a shop that will do it .

coolbikeguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
how many moles on your truck ?? a lot of guys dont like to "flush" high a mileage trans that hasnt had regular maintenance. the reaon being its claimed that the flush may "loosen things up" .... like build up grime and gunk which in turn can cause its own problems.

OP
OP
C

Cwmgr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes that's what I'm afraid of . I have 115 k and I'm pretty sure around 75k I did a flush

coolbikeguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
if you did it at 75000 .... are you due already ??? thats 40,000 and if you did a full fush back then i wouldnt be afraid to do it again. are you sure it was a full flush ?? a lot of shops will do a "flush " but it only exchanges about 30-40%.

im not a transmission guy in the least but i think to do a true full flush they have to hook into you trans lines to do it. someone correct me if im wrong.