'05 RAM 1500 Stall

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VictorBermea

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Common Rail 24V Cummins TD
Is it normal for the motor to shut down after it's been ran hot? My Dodge had died as soon as I pulled in the drive the other day and the temp gauge was about 75% up.

FlaglerMegacab4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would check coolant also replace T-Stat. But yes its possible and not necessarily an issue reason being is your driving slow, and you probably had the steering wheel maxed out so you put a strain on the engine top that to a low engine speed and it loads the motor too much and it shuts down. Having A/C or heat on makes it more prone due to larger draw on the engine. Its happened to me before too.

OP
OP
VictorBermea

VictorBermea

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ahhh gotcha. I was hoping it wasn't anything too serious. Preciate the help Flagler!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FlaglerMegacab4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yea I wouldn't worry about it too much but check the coolant! I had a broken spring on my t-stat and it caused cooling issues so I replaced with a 180 from moes. NP bud that's what were here for.

OP
OP
VictorBermea

VictorBermea

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Would it be alright to change the 180 to a 195? Does this make a difference?