06 4.7 engine issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Peej

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So, what I have got here is a 2006 dodge durango with a 4.7. The issue with this engine has got me really seeking some help and answeres. The issue is that my drivers side bank is not firing. Some things that I have done to track this issue down are. I have had the front of the engine torn down and checked for proper timming, pulled drivers side head and did a valve job, ran a compression test and all cylinders are right around 160 psi. So compression and timming to me seem to be a ok. I have also replaced the computer three times now. And the one that's in it now went back for testing and came back good. I have dug into the wiring harness to find and issue with wires and spotted nothing. I thought I was getting somewhere when I found a broken ground strap on the back of the engine. Fixed that and still no difference. When looking at the scanner my burn times are higher for my problem bank than the others. It's consistent. Sometimes when the engine has sat and is cool it will run smooth for just a bit before becoming rough once again. I have done other things as well as what I have stated and seem to be getting nowhere with this engine. Any as similar experience like that with the 4.7? Where should I look next? If you need any more informaton in order to help me please let me know. I'm sure I have left out some slight details. Thank you in advance!!