06 ram 1500 no power in drive

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

project06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I took my truck up to lake to go camping and fishing this weekend and it drove beautifully up the mountain and back to the house. i stopped at the front of our drive way, on a hill, to get the mail. when i got back in drive and tried to go up the drive way there was no power as if the parking brake was on. its good if i go into 1st or 2nd, but not D.

Any Ideas?

thank

blackbeautyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
When it's in drive does it seem like it's in a high gear? Like 3rd? And doesn't shift?

OP
OP
P

project06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes. I have to put a lot more foot into the pedal and it will start to Rev high and take a while to start moving. Haven't taken it out of our driveway so I I've only be able to go a short distance and don't know about it shifting.

OP
OP
P

project06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It started making a whirring noise when shifting back into park or drive also.

blackbeautyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
It started making a whirring noise when shifting back into park or drive also.

Not sure about the noise but when my solenoid pack in the tranny went out in mine it was stuck in 3rd gear, aka limp mode, when you'd put it in drive.

OP
OP
P

project06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
thats what it feels like.

i just got back from out of state so im gonna throw my free time towards it, hopefully i can get the pack replaced and do a filter change while im at it and it will solve my issues. thanks for the help!