07 1500 5.7L dipstick replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeffstoy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The dipstick is rusted solid in the tube.Handle broken off trying to remove it After checking part number for tube and verifying part number with dealer the new stick, tube and little O ring arrived. The old tube has a mounting tab next to the motor mount. The new one has an additional tab near the top. Anybody have any idea what it bolts to? It is not a disaster if I ignore it and it may have no place on my year or model but I am curious. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

RonJon '06

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014, 1985
Engine
6.7, 360
It bolts into the front of the engine block behind the top of the power steering pump pulley. Are you going to unbolt the engine mounts and lift the engine?

OP
OP
J

jeffstoy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It bolts into the front of the engine block behind the top of the power steering pump pulley. Are you going to unbolt the engine mounts and lift the engine?
Yes, do I have a choice? I see no other way to get it out.I doubt if that bottom tab would even slide through, even if I had the manuvering space.Besides the 4 motor mount screws in the block, and a well padded jack under the oil pan, i hope I get a wide enough gap without more disassembly. Thanks for the help with the top bracket. I'll make sure I am not on the wrong side of something when I feed the tube in. I wonder if that hole is empty or even there on my truck. I will have to look.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

RonJon '06

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014, 1985
Engine
6.7, 360
I made the mistake of dropping in my rebuilt engine and bolting it up without the dipstick tube attached. I was able to bend the tube enough to fish it through between the engine and mount but the dipstick doesn't slide very well it the tube... I like your plan better. :waytogo:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therapywolf