07 hemi project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

motleyguns

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
hey guys just joined here but im looking to get a chip and cam for my truck(07 1500 4x4 5.7) im not looking for huge power, but I do want it to freaking giver when I stomp on it(raptor eater:pepper:). I already have an air raid cold air and straight pipe(kinda annoying to be honest and im a young guy lol), I was going to buy a borla duals, American racing long tube headers with high flow cats. now for my question, which chip would be best for my set up and what about cam? I still want to be able to drive this truck regularly so no crazy cams. please help me, any other ad ons I should think of buying?

birdman05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7, s&b cai, Diablo intune 89 octane tune
from what i have heard with the mods you are going to be running i would install a diablo tinity or intune those ones you can get a custome tune i love the one i have on my truck good canned tunes but still have option to get a custom tune for all of your mods as for a cam im sure someone will chime in

OP
OP
M

motleyguns

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I have no idea where to start for a cam, who to go to or where to buy from. everything I seem to find is for the non VVT motors which to my best knowledge I have the VVT

birdman05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7, s&b cai, Diablo intune 89 octane tune
one big plus you will get from a tuner is the option to shut off mds may help with the exhaust tone if you are noticing a drone you can also find the tuners with good info on moes

OP
OP
M

motleyguns

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
yeah I will keep that im mind thank you, I wanna make my truck into a raptor eater lol so many of them driving around here

Gecko

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004, 2004
Engine
5.7L Hemi, 8.3L V10
I would talk to the guys at Inertia Motorsports. That's who I got my cam from. Tell them what you have done to the truck and where you want to go with it and they will recommend a cam for you. From the sounds of it you'll probably like the cam I have, the Crazy Jay Plus.

As for your motor, you have a non VVT motor. Only the new eagle head hemi's are VVT, so just the 4th gens.

Also get a Diablo tuner so you can get a custom tune. This will allow you to get the most out of your mods and maximize performance.

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Replied to your PM we will get you hooked up :D