08 with odd p0300 code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
V

valingt

Reaction score
Ram Year
2008 ram 1500
Engine
5.7 hemi
no not yet still need to pull it and look see if it moves lots or little will do this weekend i think. if you can tell me what you pay for the cam and lifters that way i have a idea of price for mine

OP
OP
V

valingt

Reaction score
Ram Year
2008 ram 1500
Engine
5.7 hemi
It's kinda funny. Just had one in the shop with the same problem today. Idle is perfect but when the rpms come up and it is under a little load it would misfire on number 1. I just put in new plugs so I swapped the coil and injector and it still did it. Pulled the valve cover and cranked it over a few times. You could clearly see the rocker for 1 was barely moving compared to 3. Needs a cam and lifters.

Any update on yours?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

so i took a video of the passenger side and it looks good to me all seem to be the same ill look at the other side in a min. im hoping to find it soon.

OP
OP
V

valingt

Reaction score
Ram Year
2008 ram 1500
Engine
5.7 hemi
ok pulled both covers off and dont see anything wrong all the valves look like they are moving just find all of them look to be moving the same amount too. looks like ill be taking it to the dealer come monday.

OP
OP
V

valingt

Reaction score
Ram Year
2008 ram 1500
Engine
5.7 hemi
ok so last night i left the batt unhooked and this morning everything seemed to be good. looks like the computer was going nuts for no reason. if there is one i dont know it. if it happens to come back ill let yall know.

OP
OP
V

valingt

Reaction score
Ram Year
2008 ram 1500
Engine
5.7 hemi
Update:

PSA: dont use the wrong oil stick with what the book says to use. that seemed to be the problem. changed back to 5w20 and all is good.

Dsmits1984

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mines having the exact same issue. You're saying after disconnecting the battery and changing your oil dipstick it stopped...?

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
No! He's saying to stick with what your manual says to what oil to use.

OP
OP
V

valingt

Reaction score
Ram Year
2008 ram 1500
Engine
5.7 hemi
ya i used the wrong oil. it was fine at first and then it started having problems. the only 2 things i did was change the oil to the stock and unhooked the batt for a night. from what i can tell the oil was too thick and couldnt get into the MDS so it would trip and not be happy. when i reset the cpu ( unpluged it from power) it reset and started to act right then i changed the oil. may not work for you but that was a year ago and its still running good.