08 Ram 1500 5.7 liter -- Need help diagnosing my issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DerekAH

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello all. I am having a problem with my Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi.

A few months back I had replaced mt EGR Valve as I had went to auto zone to scan my check engine light and it said I needed a new EGR Valve.

My truck ran ok for a few months and I thought my issue was fixed. However it started acting up again and now I'm worried I may have a bigger problem on my hands. To any of you vehicle guru's, please help me out!

Sometimes when am driving it feels like my truck stutters -- like it loses power for a split second but then continues to go.

Occasionally my "Check Guages" light comes on and not even a second later my truck shuts off and I lose all power.

Usually I can turn my truck back on but it shuts down again after a couple seconds and after that it doesn't start for at least 10 minutes. When I turn the key it tries to start but nothing.

I don't understand. Like I said I had replaced the EGR Valve and I thought I fixed it. But now I'm clueless and I could use some help.

Some things to note -- The connection on my battery terminal is a little corroded but I don't think this is the issue.

Also my air filter is very very dirty -- but again I feel as if the issue is much bigger at this point.

Thank you for taking your time time to read and reply.

P.S. Jeez... not even one reply??

Had a buddy look at it.
Turns it I need a new Crankshaft Position Sensor.

Thanks for nothing, everyone. :)