2002 Transmission question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Will Long

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi all

I've a problem with the transmission on the Ram. The Auto box isn't that smooth.

When starting off, you have to back off the throttle for it to change up, when driving along pressing the throttle to get kick down often it revs up and feels like it's hitting the rev limiter so you have to back off.

Sometimes whilst driving along there will be a clonk, after this the transmission seems to operate much better but still not correct.

Any ideas gratefully appreciated.

Many thanks

Will

xb1230

Hobby Mechanic
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Torque Converter not locking up and the sticking valve body and/or solenoid pack is close to be toasted...

Sounds like it's overhaul time!

hemidup

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Supercharged 6.4 Hemi
first I'd take it to a dealer and have it quick learned preformed. A quick learn will reset the adaptive's plus you can have the CVI (clutch volume index) numbers checked to see how bad the transmission is.

OP
OP
W

Will Long

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi both

Thank you for your replies.

I'll take it to the local Dodge dealer, but and it's a big but, over here in Oman, service and understanding of products is a bit shall we say poor, for example, I'm trying to find new rear door glass as the factory tint is too dark for the law, but neither dealer can find anything, also, I tried to get shocks today, but they have to come from the states, but I'll give it a go.

Many thansks once agin for your help.

Will