2003 Hemi Valve springs.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My springs are fine!!! However, I was doing some research and found out that they are known to break. My truck has 136k on it and I drive like a grandma, trying to save fuel the majority of the time.

Should I look into replacing them soon? What are the part numbers for the 6.1 springs?

I've always been told, if it isn't broke, don't fix it and I'm a firm believer that if non-wear parts don't break, soon into their lifetime, they generally are good to go. I would rather leave the engine alone if you guys think they are fine. The truck runs amazing, idles perfect, and burns about a qt of oil every 5000 miles.

Compared to the total number of 03' hemis, are the number of bad engines even a concern?
What do you guys think?

Blackram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
For the price of some new springs it is cheap insurance compared to the repair bill if one does end up breaking.

hemihustlin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
save the fuel savings for those that drive prius'
my HEMI is made for burning gas and it does an excellent job at it and i love it! XD

and yeah put in those 6.1 spring not only will you not have to worry about your springs breaking you can rev higher with confidence!

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
How you drive doesn't seem to influence when the valve springs break. Several I have read about were sitting at lights when the engine started missing. I never had a spring failure and changed mine when I did a cam change. Good luck...

OP
OP
K
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What are the part numbers for the springs? What would a shop charge to swap them? I would rather do it myself but if it's cheap I would just have them do it.

MitchS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
What are the part numbers for the springs? What would a shop charge to swap them? I would rather do it myself but if it's cheap I would just have them do it.

Do a quick search, I just did the valve springs on my truck and posted about it, took me about two nights. I have the crane cam tool for the springs and would highly recommend it, I paid 125, if you end up doing it yourself I would sell you this for $75.

Local shop here wanted over $900

ST-8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.1's here as well tho I drove the truck pretty hard on the 5.7s an they held up