2004 Dodge Ram "Remote Starter" suggestions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Maxwell9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
My daughter called this morning and asked me to do a little research " with her ". Her husband owns a 2004 Dodge Ram truck with a V8 engine in it. I don't know the size. She would like me to do some research for her because she's working full time doing Early Childhood Educating. Her husband Alain' has a birthday coming up and he mentioned that it would be nice to have a," Remote Starter " for his truck. Can anyone from this forum suggest a Manufacturer that sells a "Remote Starter" for a 2004 Dodge Ram truck with a V8 engine in it? I think Katie is looking for a "good quality" starter made in Canada or the USA. A good warranty is important as well. She will probably be asking a Chrysler Dealership to install it.
Mr. Blair M. Phillips
Ontario, Canada
[email protected]

Ajwalk2008

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Audiovox or viper alarm both make good remote starts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

justin13703

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I always liked vipers. Installed tons of them before and they are reliable.

Do NOT have a dealership do the install. Dealerships aren't familiar with installing aftermarket systems like this. Installing a remote start can be pretty complicated and actually involves more knowledge about remote start systems than the actual vehicle it is going into. Best thing to do is pick one up from a car audio/electronics shop and have them install it. They will usually make you a deal for buying from them and having them do the install, and they will know much more about doing remote start installs than the dealership. Plus, chances are you will need additional parts like an immobilizer bypass if your key has a chip in it, relays etc. This is all stuff that a car install shop will have and know how to use. A dealership will not.

Last edited:

justin13703

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
^^^couldnt have said it better^^^^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had my run ins with dealers back when I was an installer lol. They know about the vehicles they're trained on. They really don't have any experience with aftermarket stuff like this and how it works.

One time, I installed a subwoofer system in a Dodge Caliber. About a year later the ecu in the car took a dump. The dealer took one look at the car and blamed everything on the subwoofer system. So we had an irate customer coming into the store telling us how the dealer told them that we destroyed their car. Said that the "electromagnetic field" coming off of the amplifier power wire caused the ecu to fail. I had to explain to the dealer how this was impossible, due to the 8 gauge amp wire was at least 18 inches from the ecu, while the factory 4 gauge main alternator cable was strapped right to the damn ecu, and there will never be enough amperage going through an 8 gauge cable to cause an electromagnetic field large enough to fry a computer. Upon further research, we found that there was a recall on that specific car for ecu failures. So long story short, the dealer knew that there was a recall and they don't get paid much for recalls. But if they could try to blame it on us, they were going to get paid big by us paying for the repair. In the end, the dealer ended up paying for that mess.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963