2004 misfires, sometimes stalls

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dsmits1984

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi there. So I have a frustrating problem with my 2004 Ram. It has 113,680 on it to begin with. Recently I've had a problem with it when accelerating around 2k - 3k rpms where it'll start sputtering and backfiring. Sometimes it works through it, sometimes it'll completely stall and shut down. I've since replaced to cam shaft sensor, plugs, wires, and coil packets....to no avail....

Wondering if people have had the same problem and found a solution? My next step is the fuel pump...maybe it's getting just enough fuel to go, but not enough to accelerate past roughly 2500 RPM??

Any help is greatly appreciated.

bhonshell37

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
What is the condition of your fuel injectors?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

07MegaCabRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Fuel pump sounds like a good next cause. Maybe take it somewhere and have them test the fuel pressure to make sure before spending the time/money.

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
A guy on here just had the same exact problem with his, did all the same part changes also. It turned out to be the pcm, he left the battery terminals off over night and all was well in the morning. Maybe give that a try. A reset might do it. These pcm's are wacky. Good luck bud.

valingt

Reaction score
Ram Year
2008 ram 1500
Engine
5.7 hemi
ya but mine never spit or stumbled till 2500k then it would kill 4 spark plugs i could rev mine past it to 3200 and it was good if i held it at 2500 it would trip and mine was good driving it i didnt get past 2500 rpms. yours sounds like fuel pump or maybe a filter is clogged. but hay try the batt trick first its free!