2005 5.7L Erratic pulsing idle, stalled on me.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CanadianHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Hey guys, so I haven't been driving my truck for a while, and let it sit for around 5-7 days at a time before starting it up and driving. I'm noticing when the engine is cold if I blip the throttle it will pulsate between 1,200-700 RPM and eventually smooth it self out after about 3-5 seconds of pulsating. After the truck is warm it doesn't seem to do it anymore, I can get it to do it almost every time when I blip the throttle at idle when cold. I also should mention during a drive and the operating temp was at full, I went through a drive threw and noticed the trucks RPM was diminishing at idle and then it stalled. No issues re-starting and no more issues after that. What the hell is going on here, I was thinking a possible IAC, or a TPS? My PCV is brand new not even a month old.

Only code showing is P0441 evap, with the integrated key trick.

Last edited:
OP
OP
CanadianHemi

CanadianHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Anyone have any ideas? I have been driving my truck and haven't had it stall anymore, but it still will pulsate when cold?

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Oxygen sensors can cause some idle issues, but they normally throw a code if something is wrong. The evap code won’t effect drive ability so that isn’t a concern.

Ian_Olivas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L Magnum
Hey guys, so I haven't been driving my truck for a while, and let it sit for around 5-7 days at a time before starting it up and driving. I'm noticing when the engine is cold if I blip the throttle it will pulsate between 1,200-700 RPM and eventually smooth it self out after about 3-5 seconds of pulsating. After the truck is warm it doesn't seem to do it anymore, I can get it to do it almost every time when I blip the throttle at idle when cold. I also should mention during a drive and the operating temp was at full, I went through a drive threw and noticed the trucks RPM was diminishing at idle and then it stalled. No issues re-starting and no more issues after that. What the hell is going on here, I was thinking a possible IAC, or a TPS? My PCV is brand new not even a month old.

Only code showing is P0441 evap, with the integrated key trick.
Check the lines on your evap to see if any are loose or brittle to the point where they are no longer keeping pressure. I'm don't believe the evap system has to do with idle from my research but idle can be from a gas to air issue. Clean throttle body and see what that does