2005 dodge ram issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2005huntingtruck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Hi! First let me say, I'm new here! I was hoping y'all could help me with some issues. I have a 2005 dodge ram 1500 (5.7 hemi, 2wd)
We use it on a daily basis, going about 15 miles to/from work, and my hubby uses it on weekends for hunting. Lately we have replaced the belt and spark plugs, so those are brand new. About a week ago it did something weird, and probly did it about 4 times. It would get into second then not wanna shift anymore for a few minutes. Well yesterday after using it the whole day, then we started it, drove a quarter mile and then it died and wouldn't start. Now I can get it to start and move, but the check engine light is on and it seems labored to go 10mph. My husband thinks its the fuel pump. Any ideas? And is it hard to change the fuel pump out?

LovMyRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QCSB Black Edition, 2014 RCSB.
Engine
Might get a faster response in the 3rd gen section. Good luck.

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Moved it to 3rd gen for you and I think it would be best to get a scanner on there it will take some of the guess work out. You can buy a basic one at walmart that is about $100 and it would be well worth it. Clutch pack solenoid might be something that will come up with the scanner.

Last edited:

chedched

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Any other lights on in the dash? Any fluid leaks? How many miles are currently on the truck?