2007 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi 4wd problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tackleberry

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Outdoorsman
Engine
5.7 L Hemi
I'm posting this again as I realized that I had posted it in the electronics thread.I'm asking this for my nephew who's at his wits end. He's had his truck to the dealer twice and another mechanic with no solution. When he tries to put his truck in 4 wheel drive it will not engage. The light on the dash shows that it is trying to. He's had the TIPM aka a fuse panel replaced but no change. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Trenton

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
tranfercase motor needs to be tested while hooked to a scanner and checked for codes

OP
OP
T

Tackleberry

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Outdoorsman
Engine
5.7 L Hemi
Update on the 4x4 problem. On the third visit to the Dodge dealer, my nephew was told that they (the dealer) should have replaced the TIPM and the transfer case motor at the same time(which they didn't do) or they would short each other out.Which happened! Now they offer him a "really good deal on a trade in". Has anyone heard of this before and does anyone have any advice as to how to deal with this with Chrysler Canada ?

hemihustlin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
They should replace the tipm free of charge because they ****** up the first time then your boy will have to pay to replace the t/c motor that they should have found the first time. Depending on how you approch them you might get more freebies. Good luck.