2007 Ram 1500 throttle issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

solidus365

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I had this problem with my truck pop up in the last month and so far I can't figure out exactly what it is, so I'm searching for answers.

This is a 2007 Ram 1500 ST 5.7 Hemi, 130,000 miles. Originally it would take about 6 seconds to fire up but when it did it would run super rough and the rpms would surge between 1k - 1.5k with no throttle response. Several lights would be on including check engine and that red "lightning bolt" light. It threw 9 codes: P2111, P0642, P2122, P060E, P0122, P0335, P0522, P0520, P0522. It seemed to clear up on its own after I cleaned and tightened the battery terminals, and ran perfectly fine for about 2 weeks. Then it happened again a week ago and hasn't run since.

So I replaced the throttle body and the crankshaft position sensor. It fires up immediately but about 20 seconds later it just stalls out with that flashing red "lightning bolt" light and check engine light. I did a soft PCM reset with no improvement. Now it's still throwing 3 codes: P2111, P0642, P2122.

My thoughts are to check all the electrical connections, which I just haven't gotten to yet. The battery is strong. The truck does have a factory remote start, though the remote is broken. Not sure if that would have any bearing on it.

Does anyone here have any ideas/experience with this type of issue?

steermaster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Are you running any mods that would effect the throttle? I run nitrous on mine and these rams are finicky on their throttles, I had to literally install a wire the just ran right along with another wire but it had a resistor in it. I assume you are not....so I would definitely check to make sure all the wires are pushed into the connector securely and are not pinched. The thunderbolt is directly related to throttle.

OP
OP
S

solidus365

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It actually turned out not to be the throttle body. The oil pressure sensor went bad, caused a short in the system and brought the whole system down. I had to get the throttle body/ECM reprogrammed, swapped out the oil pressure sensor out for a new one and it fired up good as new.