4.7 Catalytic Converter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike OD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I'm going to replace my cat converters on my 07 1500. The question I have is in replacing just the converters (instead of the whole pipe) but I can only find universal fit converters. Problem is I have a downstream 02 sensor that connects to the converter, would I be able to make a hole in the new converter or just bite the bullet and replace the whole pipe+converters?

Thanks

MarshRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 SLT 4x4, 2012 ST
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I went through the same issue with my 07 1500. Did a lot of browsing around and could only find aftermarkets that were not much like the oem as far as the o2's go. The oem was a $800 bill after core charge . I was concerned the aftermarkets would still throw the p0420 code. Truck ran great and seemed to breathe fine, cel was annoying. I sold the truck, but if I hadn't, I figured a decision would have had to been made to replace oem or spend a little more and mod the whole system. Just my experience, hopefully someone here can give you some better advice that can save you some cash!