4.7 has slightly rough idle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikev

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Wondering if anybody could help me. My 05 4.7 has 60000 miles and has been takin real good care of but for some reason it has a little idle problem and has stalled out on me twice in the last couple months. And it has very little passing power. I know it's no hemi but should have some pick up. I've changed the air filter and plugs but still acts the same. Wondering if the pump is going bad or something. No service engine light or codes to help either. Has anybody had this problem?

hemihustlin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
What kind of maintenance or repairs have been done to the truck since you own it?
When it stalls what are you doing? And what happens after? Does it have the idle problem before or after it stalls, all the time or only sometimes?

OP
OP
M

mikev

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It idles a little rough all the time but only stalled twice and both times happened at low speed in a parking lot. I have changed the spark plugs and air filter and the egr valve

TexasRammer

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What exactly do you mean by idling rough? Is it shaking like its missing or is it idling up and down? Check the pcv valve and the tps

OP
OP
M

mikev

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It's shakes a little like a miss. The idle stays around 700 but sometimes it will miss and drop to 500 and smooth back out. Thanks for all the responses