4.7L headers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

badblackram06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have been looking at buying a set of headers for my truck. I've bought headers before for my ol 82 chevy c10 350 after a mild cam install, and i could tell a big difference, power wise and sound wise.. They were hedman lts though. I want to know will it even be worth it on this small v8? I do plan on getting a set of h.0. cams one of these days but would the headers still be worth it? I think the best price i have found was a set of chrome gibsons for 350 with free ship. I heard chrome is a hit or miss. some last, some start flaking after a week. I dont think i want that happening. I'd like to hear your input on all this. thanks.

OP
OP
badblackram06

badblackram06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I realize there are more hemi guys/gals than 4.7L guys/gals around here. but i thought i would let anyone who was curious know about what i found. And it may not be a big deal but from the prices i have seen these are close enough to a steal. These are Gibson stainless ceramic. They are 394.27 free ship. I have been seeing them $550 plus. I emailed them to confirm the price and free shipping they replied and told me it was correct they are directly from Gibson. I'm currently going through this months and next months finances and its looking like i'll be getting them. Here is the link Gibson Performance Ceramic Headers - UltraRev.com - Part# GP316S-C

Let me know what yall think

Oefootball_70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
very cool, I would love a set of headers for my 4.7

OP
OP
badblackram06

badblackram06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Dan i did not know that. and i just ordered them. I still need to get some gaskets and header bolts though.

HemiSwapped06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I want to know will it even be worth it on this small v8? I do plan on getting a set of h.0. cams one of these days but would the headers still be worth it? I think the best price i have found was a set of chrome gibsons for 350 with free ship. I heard chrome is a hit or miss. some last, some start flaking after a week. I dont think i want that happening. I'd like to hear your input on all this. thanks.

Headers are worth adding on the 4.7, they help boost torque and torque is what moves the heavy Ram. I had Gibson on my 06 Ram and they cracked, went with JBA on the 03 Dakota and 8 months later all is still good. The factory Y-pipe and pinched section of pipe under the transmission pan HAS TO GO. It is the most restrictive portion of the exhaust system on these Rams. You should look at HO cams and SCT Custom tuning. Superchips for the 06 PCM is JUNK as it runs too lean to make any power.

OP
OP
badblackram06

badblackram06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for the help. I hope mine don't crack.!? I changed out the y pipe and I believe it helped. I have been considering HO cams I'm just still deciding if I want to do it or just spend a butt load to let someone else do it and with that said It will have to be a weekend deal since its my only ride. Most shops around here will want to keep it for a week or more. But there is alot more research and planning to be done until then.

ramin44s

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
ive been looking into headers and a cam for 4.7 also let me know how those gibsons hold up.

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
That is a great deal you got! Are you still happy with them?

OP
OP
badblackram06

badblackram06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sorry I lost touch with this thread. It's been we'll over a year and I still like them. No issues what so ever.

Roof Man

Reaction score
Ram Year
2008 1500
Engine
4.7L Flex
OLD post but ... looking for headers for the 4.7L (2008) and canNOT find any! Even emailed/spoke directly with all (most?) of the manufacturers, none of them make any!

Must know, the 4.7L changed ... new version in 2008-2011 models. Perhaps ported differently etc.. any help!?

Looking for someone that has perhaps used one model, had to modify/shave them etc.. but worked! :)

Ian_Olivas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L Magnum
OLD post but ... looking for headers for the 4.7L (2008) and canNOT find any! Even emailed/spoke directly with all (most?) of the manufacturers, none of them make any!

Must know, the 4.7L changed ... new version in 2008-2011 models. Perhaps ported differently etc.. any help!?

Looking for someone that has perhaps used one model, had to modify/shave them etc.. but worked! :)

Gibson should have them for that year. I swear o just saw them on their site

fastf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Ram 1500 Quad Cab SLT Thunder road
Engine
Do this check out AIR Ram .com This guy carries about anything you need for a 4.7 and if he sees your name in the forum he gives a break on the price.I have talked to these people and he said If he doesn't have he will try to get it and try to match the price.He has a early 3rd gen 4.7 that is scary in youtube check him out .

psiked

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Same boat. Bringing back a dying thread.

I’ve scoured the bowels of the interweb but have come out with nada. I’ve looked at airram as the gospel, but my 2011 seems to have even less parts available. I guess custom headers from someone is the only way to go ... $$$ ugh