5.7 engine mount bushing help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dbeau619

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I've been searching for several days for any write ups on replacing the mount bushings (engine insulators) is the correct Dodge term I suppose. Anyways. I've got new bushings and they match up to my old ones. I just made a few marks on my steel mount so I re align the rubber in the right positions and what not. Getting the old rubbers out was no problem obviously, just sent it, bopped em right out. The new ones however... I've been thinking about how to go about pressing them in for the past 4 hours.

Has nobody seriously had to replace these mount bushings yet??? I couldn't find any information on these. I'm hoping that someone will have some advice on a way that they MacGyverd them in without Specialty dodge tools.

OP
OP
D

Dbeau619

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Really??? Nobody has done motor mounts in a 3rd gen hemi 4wd????? Up **** creek.

Need some advice dodge dealers, nobody, can or will tell me how the f the mount bushings get pressed into the mount brackets. Fn insane? I’ve spent 30 hours on a press trying to get a replacement rubber bushing back inside the metal mount. No fn luck. How has nobody done engine mounts in 10+ year old truck????
Wtf Dodge!!!

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Last time I did bushings on anything I bought the whole mount so I didn't have to worry about pressing bushings in. As long as the mount is a bolt on mount. It's faster and easier and worth the money in my opinion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
D

Dbeau619

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Last time I did bushings on anything I bought the whole mount so I didn't have to worry about pressing bushings in. As long as the mount is a bolt on mount. It's faster and easier and worth the money in my opinion

I tried to pursue this option but I called 2 local dodge dealers and they both said that the parts come separate. I asked if they could tell me how they get them to become 1 piece? Because all conventional methods I have tried have not worked at all. Neither could say if there was a special dodge bushing cup to press them out or what, zero input on what to do. One of them said “Maybe call back when someone else is working that knows”. What kind of customer service is that?

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've never heard of mounts coming separate. Maybe that's me. Try summitracing or carid. That's where I usually order my stuff. Maybe you can find preassembled mounts

RonJon '06

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014, 1985
Engine
6.7, 360
I've got the manual for an '04 Hemi and it doesn't say anything about a special tool to install the insulators. Maybe try sticking them in the freezer?

OP
OP
D

Dbeau619

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
06 07 08 are different from the early 3rd gens. The steel mount is 1 piece on my truck. Where yours is 2 pieces

OP
OP
D

Dbeau619

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I was able to find online, with no help from the Dodge Parts department lol, the Mopar part number for the mount and bushing complete unit, already pressed. List price $419 for $280. Which sucks because I’m going to have to leave my truck apart for the next week until the new mounts come.

There are a bunch of different part listings for the rubber bushing, on all other years the steel mount bracket is two pieces bolted together and bolted to their respective postitions. On 06 07 08 the steel bracket is one piece, they sell the rubber bushing for my truck with no means to put it inside the steel mount.

Shorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey Dbeau619,

I'm having the same trouble you had. Can you list the Mopar part number and where you found them? Thanks

robdawgaz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This is an old tread but I searched this subject for months. THe Rubber inserts cost less then $20 and the RT moter mount is close to $300 alone. So after finding no info online i just decided to do it.

I tried to press it in with 5 ton press with a die that pressed from the outside edge, but it mushroomed and didnt even get close. I trimmed the rubber and the mount still no luck. So i decided to just press from the center bolt hole and I pressed it hard, I thought that I was just gonna tear the center out of the insert but then it slipped into the mount as it stretched down through the mount. It looks good no issues. I prob would not have needed to do any trimming. Good luck guys.

Garrett Reid

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
just tried to install new motor mount complete housing with bushing already in there. left side went in no problem but the right side didnt fit, i was very vigilant in ordering the parts but does anybody have a part number for the motor mounts? i now have two right side mounts brand new and they dont fit

John padgett

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had the same issue recently with my 06 megacab. We wound up cutting the metal support in half and rewelding it with a machine for welding cast iron. So far so good,has been 5 mths now with no issues

DomCard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I am in the process of doing mine in 04 4wd.. Not hard to pull out. a pain to realign motor up and axle. Had a hoist fail on me and knocked my right side of my head and had to go in for stitches.. So when hoist failed it must have twisted something so doesn't line up right. I have the procedure I can post.