5.7 Hemi Programmer for MPG and Shifts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lequarius

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi,

Just bought a 2007 Dodge 5.7l Hemi QC ST/SP and would like to slightly retune the motor to get better MPG and change the crappy shift points on the tranny.

I would also like to remove the governor.

I have been reading that some programmers allow changes to the speed programming for larger tires. I would also need this option.

I don't want to change any of the stock components at this point, just want to get the best from what I have.

This is the first time I am stepping into the tuning world and would appreciate any advice, recommendations, or links to info.

Thanks folks,

Leqs

FlaglerMegacab4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Welcome to RF there's a lot of options out there for our trucks but most guys run either the Superchips Flashpaq or like myself the Diablo Sport Predator, however the predator has been recently discontinued so you'd have to find one. But for your needs I'd suggest the Flashpaq, it will change shift patterns optimize fuel curves and also has torque management. Just not sure about tire adjustment. Moes is a great vendor on here and I'm sure hell chime in.

Bluesmoke91

2nd GEN Site Mod
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Superchips 3865 is what most guys on here with our year trucks run. I believe it does do tire size as well. Would double check though. They're come up in the 'for sale' section occasionally.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

hemihustlin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Once i have the cash im getting a diablosport trinity. I understand some people dont want a huge screen for gages but i do and i want a hemifever tune ;p

namccanna

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Had a Diablosport inTune in my 07. Loved it. Did EVERYTHING you mentioned above and allows for custom tuning when you do get to your mods. I went with the Trinity for my 13 just because I want the real time stats.

ralaubach

Reaction score
Ram Year
2007 Ram QC
Engine
hemi 5.7
Running a trinity myself.No tranny tune, but love all the options on it and the set up of warning lights thats available.

98hemi-ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
From everything I've read (which is quite quite a bit) the superchips flashbaq 3865 is what you want. You can get the advanced tranny tuning with it and change your shift points exactly how you want them. Also the canned tunes that come on the superchips a lot of guys find them to be better than diablos canned tunes.

I ran a diablo intune in my 06 before I pulled it out to run in my 98. I just bought a used superchips unit from a member on another forum yesterday so I'll be able give my own experience with it once it get here.

Last edited:

SD38-2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just added a superchips 3840 to my 08 hemi and I'm pretty happy with it. I got my SC 3840 from Moe's.