5.7 L Hemi 2007 throttle Body Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RonBurgandy

Reaction score
Ram Year
@007
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Recently my throttle Body went, I bought a new one put it in and the truck ran fine for about two weeks. Now its having the same problem (I loose most of my power, Truck Just idles when in drive and will start to shake, and I Get the lightning bolt warning light on dash alone with engine light)
Is there another issue that could be causing this?

Harley Harrold

USAF Ret. 36+ years service
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Did you do the reset procedure when you installed the new throttle body? If not here is the procedure.

THROTTLE BODY RESET PROCEDURE

If the throttle body has been replaced, or removed, cleaned, and reinstalled, the following procedure must be performed:

a. Disconnect negative battery cable from battery. Leave cable disconnected for approximately 90 seconds.

b. Reconnect negative battery cable to battery.

c. Turn ignition switch ON, but DO NOT crank engine.

d. Leave ignition switch ON for a minimum of 10 seconds. This will allow PCM to learn throttle body electrical parameters.

e. Turn ignition switch to OFF.

f. Turn ignition switch to START position, crank engine normally.

If you did the above, check the wiring at the throttle body, it is easy for a pin to be pushed out, so check the plug and associated wiring.