AC problems! Need Help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

redrumrevolution1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Im having major problems with my AC unit in my 2004 ram 1500(5.7). My AC don't blow cold at all. It just started bout a week ago. Before than the AC only blew cold when the truck was moving because the condenser motor went out. I was seating at a light bout a week ago and I heard a squealing noise from under the hood. It stop when I took off and ever since than the ac didn't blow cold any more. I believe it came from the compressor because the black ring by the compressor pulley is shredded a bit. Im on a tight budget. First thing I going to do is change to motor out of the condenser fan. What would be the next step? Should I change out the compressor? If so should I get a new one, take mines to get rebuilt, or is there some possible way I can fix the compressor myself?

OP
OP
R

redrumrevolution1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Thanks for the reply! I it cheaper just to get mine rebuilt or should I get a new one? Is it possible to fix it myself? Will a shop have to evacuated and refilled, or that something I can do?

HolyRamBatman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Price wise, look up prices for a new/reman one and see what fits your budget.

It's a 134A system so you can get the stuff you need. You can rent a evap pump from Autozone(I think).

Something you can do....Can you? I don't know you but it is doable, just read up on the procedure and ask questions that you don't know.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plato45