AF vs SilverBullet Showdown

AF or Silverbullet

• AF

Votes: 22 66.7%
  • Silverbullet

Votes: 11 33.3%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AF_Hemi

Reaction score
Central Jersey in person, the burgh at heart
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 CC 4x4 Sport
Engine
it was the starter guys. the wire that goes from the battery to the starter. the wrench touched the bolt head on the header to the bolt head on the starter. alternator has nothing to do with it unless the surge went through the starter wire and continued to the alternator.

nick, your lights are dimming because the rpms are so low. in no way is that an indication of a bad alternator. the engine (at say 400rpms at the bottom of the surge) isnt turning the belt fast enough, in turn turning the alternator fast enough to produce the required light to keep everything consistently bright

OP
OP
S

Silverbullet08

Persona Non Grata
Reaction score
alright then what do u think i should check if not the alt? if the starter was bad it wouldnt be starting right? what can cause idleing issues

AF_Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i didnt say dont check the alternator. its a free test that takes about 20 minutes of work. i would still check it, just so you can rule it out. if that gets ruled out, i think all your focus turns to wiring, specifically between the fuse box and pcm

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
Throw a charger on the battery and get it fully up so there is less initial load on the charging system. Go back over everything that was moved or pulled out of the way and check for pinched or damage wires. Inch by inch, plug by plug. And by all means tow it to the muffler shop.

bluesmanjesse

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Holy $hit,miss a few days and WOW,what the hell is going on Silver? Can sombody summerize the problem so i don't have to read 30 pages to try and help out?

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
the poll is tainted

AF_Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
blackshadow the problem was fixed. this thread was continued in the "Help get silver running again thread". Turns out it was the exhaust (or lack thereof) giving to high air:fuel ratio which was flooding the engine. Once he got the exhaust fixed, it would idle, but stall. A switch in programmers (superchips to DiabloSport) has allowed him to raise the idle which has stopped the stalling until he can get a custom tune.

in any case, i still won :D