Air/vibration in engine, losing coolant and mpg. Please help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rhoadsrocker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7l
Ive been getting this loud air noise when i accelerate from a stop, its accompanied by a slight vibration that sounds like its in the engine and it just feels rough. Its taking longer than normal to shift to second gear. It acts almost as if its struggling to do so. Ive notice power loss, mpg loss, and also im losing coolant. But there arent any leaks. Its only noticeable from a dead stop and sometimes when going from 2nd to 3rd if i give it a little extra gas. The air noise and vibration are really noticeable when its at a higher rpm. When im just cruising in a lower gear/rpm you cant hear it all. Any ideas? Thanks guys.

hemihustlin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Could be ahead gasket issue. Any coolant in the oil? How much coolant have you lost to date?

OP
OP
R

rhoadsrocker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7l
I looked down a little deeper and theres a small leak coming from the gasket down by the the timing cover. Really dont feel like pulling the front apart. But oh well.