Airaid modular intake tube review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SmokedRam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I traded my old stock headlights for an Airaid modular intake tube, tube fits both the 4.7 and 5.7 (5.7 uses a throttle body to intake coupler supplied by Airaid.) Anyway, I finally put it on this weekend and I wanted to offer a little review of it.

Here is a pic of mine installed:

574492_316787445084222_180131317_n.jpg

First off, assembly is easy, all it takes is a 10mm wrench to loosen the 2 bolts that hold the stock air hat onto their brackets and a flat head screwdriver to loosen the clamps that hold the stock corrugated intake tube to the air hat and filter housing and the air hat to the throttle body.

Reassembly is also a piece of cake with the only difficulty coming with the 4.7, like I mentioned earlier the 5.7 kit comes with a new throttle body to intake tube coupler, the 4.7 however uses the factory throttle body to intake tube coupler and it is ribbed. The ribs in the factory coupler make it a PITA to squeeze over the Airaid intake tube cause it has a lip, but with a little patience you can get it all the way on.

I haven't driven it enough to notice any MPG gains, but I can tell you this, acceleration with this intake tube is like NIGHT and DAY with the factory corrugated tube and air hat. It also changed the tone of the exhaust during accelerating, and now is a little deeper.

This was basically a free mod for me since I just traded straight up for it, but I would have no problem at all shelling out the $160 these cost for the tube with a high flow filter...for like $370 you can get the whole cold air kit with a conical filter.

bluethunder08

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's the same thing I'm running with a K&N drop in filter. Been running it for about 6 months so far and it works like a charm. Good flow and the stock box keeps the heat away from your intake air charge.

OP
OP
SmokedRam

SmokedRam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah, I also have a K&N drop in filter for it...I need to get a recharge kit though so I can drop it in.

TerrorByteFX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8 4.7 Liter FlexFuel
Question

Reread the post again, going to order one! Thanks for the review!

mikes04hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I just installed mine today and the throttle response is ALOT better. Haven't had a chance to open it up yet. I added an AEM dryflow filter on mine. Fits great all around!

CorDog009

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've thought about fabbing up something myself, that's a lot of coin to drop on a pretty simple part.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Wow, so throttle lag is resolved by this intake tube? Sounds too good to be true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
And it probably is...

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I just installed mine today and the throttle response is ALOT better. Haven't had a chance to open it up yet. I added an AEM dryflow filter on mine. Fits great all around!

How's it drive now... anything more to add? Maybe your air filter is more responsible than the tube, or did you compare both ways?

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
How about now?

HLram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 and 2007
Engine
Hemi 5.7 in both
I am curious, did this actually help throttle response or was it maybe a dirty air filter? How is it now after driving it a while?

Last edited:

mikes04hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Truck still drives amazingly well and the throttle response is great. I just installed a dynomax cat back system and the combination of this with the MIT works great together. My stock air filter was still very clean when I changed it out.

To me its a good intake and now with the exhaust is even better. My plans are to put on long tubes and the ORY then tune it.

wickedxter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7L
I have that same one on my truck and have had it for 5yrs only thing is for my i had to use a powerwire so the airtemp sensor could hook up. I also have a drop in k&N and have a jet strem scoop from airram.com

Jeremy73

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have that same one on my truck and have had it for 5yrs only thing is for my i had to use a powerwire so the airtemp sensor could hook up. I also have a drop in k&N and have a jet strem scoop from airram.com

How does the jet stream scoop work for ya? I think I'm gonna get the MIT and the jet stream scoop as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Old thread but my MIT is in the mail. Should be here Monday. Can't wait!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amdwilsns01