Anifreeze leak/ high carbon bulid up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Hey guys I pulled my TB and noticed a lot of carbon bulid up. I'm thinking of running seafoam they it to clean out the motor any suggestions? And while removing the tB I noticed antifreeze pooled up on the power steering pump. I replaced the water pump gasket 3 months ago I'm sure it can't be that. Maybe an upper hose leak or thermostat gasket leak? And would this have anything to do with the extreme random misfires that kept ocurring during cold starts and driving? Any help would be great

hotkarl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Semi-Hemi
Could be blown head gasket, I had similar symptoms when mine failed. Start with cleaning/degreasing the area of the suspected leak. When it's all nicey-nice start it up and watch for a leak.

Lugnutz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not sure about your antifreeze leak but definitely run some seafoam. Made a big difference for my '06 running a bit weird (still is but it helped).