Another CAI thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TampaRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have been looking at the Airaid CAI, specifically the 301-192 or 301-236. Both of these are add-ons to the stock tubing, replacing the factory air box. My question is this a decent way to go or is best to replace the factory tubing and elimante the Hemi hat?
Also, is there a major different in the two models I listed? the one has some special intake port

SmokedRam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just put the Airaid modular intake tube on my 4.7 last weekend. It uses the stock filter housing and replaces the factory air hat. Gosh what a difference just the tube makes. I havent even dropped in my K&N yet and the throttle response and acceleration is like night and day.

OP
OP
T

TampaRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
maybe ill do it in phases like that. Does the intake tube remove the hemi hat, I've read threads that talk about the hemihat itself being restrictive.
How much did the intake tube run you?

OP
OP
T

TampaRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just saw your thread with the pictures, looks good. just need to justify the cost

SmokedRam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah they all require you to take the air hat off the Hemi or the 4.7. Mine was free cause I did a little bartering, but I think just the M.I.T with a drop in dry flow filter is like $169 direct from Airaid.