BBK Shorty Leaks??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlueHemiRider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have BBK shorties in my 2004, which started leaking at the head about a month ago. I've since put in three different gaskets, one being a metal one from Jegs, all to no avail. When I turn the key they leak right away. The last time I was in there (yesterday) I even doubled up on the gaskets and it still leaks. Original that blew was the Dodge OEM gasket, current one is from Summit designed specifically for this header. Has anyone run into this sorta thing before? Could it be that the header is warped all of a sudden? Ran with no problems for 1.5 yrs straight and now this.

Cummins08

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Did you torque the bolts down to the recommended setting ?

Ceri

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
...and in the correct order?

Has it ever overheated?

I've always heard to use the factory gasket and proper type 8 locking bolts, but I've never done it myself.

Code106

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram Rebel
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did you check the Headers them selves, Ive had BBK exhaust headers on my 2008 dodge ram 1500 5.7 for about 4 years and then they started cracking and splitting all over. On one header i found 3 different cracks. Ive welded them where i could access the cracks but some are inside of the 4 pipes and can't get to them. In my opinion they are junk. I contacted BBK about this and they said they only offer a 1 year warranty. I will be going back to the stock manifold for now. Just an FYI