Best Dual Exhaust Setup for $1K

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

REM7600

Reaction score
Ram Year
2007 QC 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey Guys,

I'd like to start thinking about a proper setup to maximize the HEMI in my 07 QC 1500 4x4. I'd like some suggestions as to exhaust and what i could expect. Here's my goals...

~ Give it a good rumble when you get into it
~ relatively quiet at highway speeds
~ true dual (2.5?")
~ Straight out the back versus a behind the wheel

It seems from a total non-understander(me) there's a lot of restriction just in the exhaust... a cat off each manifold, into a Y, into a MAJOR Barrel, then through a smaller muffler... I have a K&N filter now but would consider an intake at the same time air in, air out idea...

Who wants to point me in the right direction? I've heard a crossover should also be added... :-S

Hit me back!

Thanks Guys!

shawnb1043

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Main thing is not getting rid of all your backpressure. Honestly just a new muffler and y-pipe should be fine.

BlkRamRt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
for 1k I would go with headers and a muffler swap.

Sparkyy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v6
I have a 2007 as well and have been looking at headers, Y pipe, complete sets etc.

I want to out a cutout as well and curious if replacing the headers are needed or not. I don't go to the track or anything crazy. Just some nice sound when WOT, think just the Y-pipe and muffler are all that are needed?

How about the resonator?

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
Like said above, for $1000, I would go with a set of longtubes, new mandrel beny y-pipe to replace the crushed stock pipe, then tie that into a new free flowing muffler. This is going to show much better gains than just running duals off the stock manifolds.

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Coated Pacesetter longtubes, Pacesetter Off road Y kit, Magnaflow SI/DO then get a shop to bend 2 pipes for a rear exit with tips. That will put you right at you 1k mark.