Borla muffler question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chancerobert93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2007 ram 1500 with the 5.7 hemi and I'm wanting to replace the factory muffler to give it some roar. I've been looking at the borla xr-1's but I'm not sure about the multi-cores. Are they worth the $300 or are the sportsmans just as good? What do you guys think?

OP
OP
C

Chancerobert93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
And also, if they aren't worth the money, I see a lot, and I mean A LOT, of people prefer magnflows on their HEMIs. If I went with a magnaflow, what size should I get? I know I need 3" center/center inlet/outlet, but what should the case size be? And would round be better than oval? I want a nice deep roar but not loud, I just would like to hear it when I got on it a little. I was planning on leaving the factory resonator on it too.

Ramrt1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 1500 R/T
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They are good mufflers, but most of the straight through designs give the same gains, there are plenty of other choices for a lot less, borla xs pro, magnaflow ext.