broken studs for intake manifold

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zackernst

Reaction score
Ram Year
02 dodge ram 1500
Engine
when attempting to install 08 intake manifold i have broken 3 studs on the passenger side any ideas how to fix this

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
You mean as far as extracting? Are they broken off flush? Is the manifold off yet

OP
OP
zackernst

zackernst

Reaction score
Ram Year
02 dodge ram 1500
Engine
You mean as far as extracting? Are they broken off flush? Is the manifold off yet
yes extracting im pretty sure they are broken flush and no i havnt removed it yet too more bolts too go i pb blasted the crap out of them and going to let them sit

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Let us know the situation if you can get the manifold off. When you see the broken studs, any normal bolt extraction method should work.

OP
OP
zackernst

zackernst

Reaction score
Ram Year
02 dodge ram 1500
Engine
Let us know the situation if you can get the manifold off. When you see the broken studs, any normal bolt extraction method should work.
finally got intake out broke 1st, 2nd and 3rd bolt on passenger side the 1st and third are broken flush and i broke the plug that goes in sensor in the front of intake anyone know what it is called. and does anyone know where i can find plug and coil pack mounting studs just need 3

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
You can try drilling it for an easy out. How big are the bolts?

OP
OP
zackernst

zackernst

Reaction score
Ram Year
02 dodge ram 1500
Engine
You can try drilling it for an easy out. How big are the bolts?
they are probally a 1/4 inch maybe smaller drilling them out should be easy but finding the new studs and a map sensor plug is what im having trouble with

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
Any decent hardware store will have the studs and an assortment of brass plugs, just bring the old studs with you. Or you can always get them from the dealer or online.

OP
OP
zackernst

zackernst

Reaction score
Ram Year
02 dodge ram 1500
Engine
Any decent hardware store will have the studs and an assortment of brass plugs, just bring the old studs with you. Or you can always get them from the dealer or online.
there are 5 bolts on the passenger side 4 on the intake and 1 that holds the fuel rail which also goes through the intake manifold i will be able to use the 1st , 3rd and 5th bolt and the one that holds the rail will this be enough if to seal the manifold to block since 2 are broken flush and i was thinking of epoxing the studs to hold the coil packs in

OP
OP
zackernst

zackernst

Reaction score
Ram Year
02 dodge ram 1500
Engine
there are 5 bolts on the passenger side 4 on the intake and 1 that holds the fuel rail which also goes through the intake manifold i will be able to use the 1st , 3rd and 5th bolt and the one that holds the rail will this be enough if to seal the manifold to block since 2 are broken flush and i was thinking of epoxing the studs to hold the coil packs in

still havnt gotten the bolts out tried drilling them out broke 5 drill bits, bolts are hardened steel, heated them up to un temper the steel still no luck , tried welding a nut to the bolt 10+ attempts would not stick any suggestions